How anonymous are anonymous/open surveys?

More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #104713 by hliversedge
hliversedge created the topic: How anonymous are anonymous/open surveys?
Hi,

I'm trying to set up a survey to be distributed to staff at several different units--the way I will distribute it is to email the link to management at these units, who will then send it out via their staff mailing lists (to which I do not have access). I need the data to be anonymous but still linked, i.e. I need to know if people who answered "purple" to question 1 are more likely to respond "blue" to question 2--rather than just knowing how many people answered "purple" to question 1 and how many people answered "blue" to question 2.

I am guessing that because I do not have individual staff email addresses I cannot use tokens to accomplish this. Is there another way of doing it?
Last Edit: 3 years 3 months ago by hliversedge. Reason: I thought that the original version sounded worse.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago #104714 by holch
holch replied the topic: How anonymous are anonymous/open surveys?
Anonymous survey means that you can't connect a person with the results. However, the responses of each person are saved together, which means you can check how many of those who said purple in question 1 said blue in question two.

Each line in the results correspond to the answers of one person. The only thing you don't know is who the person behind these answers is.

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds
The following user(s) said Thank You: hliversedge

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now