Check out the LimeSurvey source code on GitHub!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:

TOPIC: Question type Multiple numerical imput for personality tests, -3,0,+3 ?

Question type Multiple numerical imput for personality tests, -3,0,+3 ? 2 years 6 months ago #103702

Hello,

I use a personality test. Format is "Multiple numerical input". The scale is -3, -2, -1, 0, 1, 2, 3, so maximum characters allowed are 2. I set minimal value -3 and maximum value 3. Unfortunately, I get a error message when entering "0" zero, i.e., the midpoint of the scale.

Is there a solution for this problem? Or do I need to change question type (which contrasts the original questionnare), scale to 1 to 7 (what would not fit to the lables), or allow all values (what I would like to avoid because I have 60 items and many people will make typos).

Many thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Question type Multiple numerical imput for personality tests, -3,0,+3 ? 2 years 6 months ago #103710

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 1327
Hi,

What is your LimeSUrvey version ?

You can : deactivate 'mandatory' and set " Sub-question validation equation (em_validation_sq)" to:
!is_empty(that.NAOK) or something like that.

I don't remind what is done for 0 in multi numeric and mandatory.

Denis
Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core developpement are on my free time (Say thanks ?).
A bug not reported is a bug not corrected. | Please, read the documentation | La doc en français à besoin de vous

Question type Multiple numerical imput for personality tests, -3,0,+3 ? 2 years 6 months ago #103711

Thanks for your fast answer. We have Version 1.92+

Question type Multiple numerical imput for personality tests, -3,0,+3 ? 2 years 6 months ago #103712

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 1327
To be sure,

In " Sub-question validation equation (em_validation_sq)" :
self.NAOK!=""
Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core developpement are on my free time (Say thanks ?).
A bug not reported is a bug not corrected. | Please, read the documentation | La doc en français à besoin de vous
The following user(s) said Thank You: HenrikDobewall

Question type Multiple numerical imput for personality tests, -3,0,+3 ? 2 years 6 months ago #103747

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 1363
Have you looked at using a slider question?

manual.limesurvey.org/Question_type_-_Mu..._.28slider_layout.29

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HenrikDobewall

Question type Multiple numerical imput for personality tests, -3,0,+3 ? 2 years 6 months ago #104164

Thnks you so much, that seems to be the perfect solution. Works and is more fun.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.253 seconds
Imprint                   Data Protection Statement                  Revocation information and revocation form