Question type Multiple numerical imput for personality tests, -3,0,+3 ?

More
3 years 8 months ago #103702 by HenrikDobewall
HenrikDobewall created the topic: Question type Multiple numerical imput for personality tests, -3,0,+3 ?
Hello,

I use a personality test. Format is "Multiple numerical input". The scale is -3, -2, -1, 0, 1, 2, 3, so maximum characters allowed are 2. I set minimal value -3 and maximum value 3. Unfortunately, I get a error message when entering "0" zero, i.e., the midpoint of the scale.

Is there a solution for this problem? Or do I need to change question type (which contrasts the original questionnare), scale to 1 to 7 (what would not fit to the lables), or allow all values (what I would like to avoid because I have 60 items and many people will make typos).

Many thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #103710 by DenisChenu
DenisChenu replied the topic: Question type Multiple numerical imput for personality tests, -3,0,+3 ?
Hi,

What is your LimeSUrvey version ?

You can : deactivate 'mandatory' and set " Sub-question validation equation (em_validation_sq)" to:
!is_empty(that.NAOK) or something like that.

I don't remind what is done for 0 in multi numeric and mandatory.

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .

More
3 years 8 months ago #103711 by HenrikDobewall
HenrikDobewall replied the topic: Question type Multiple numerical imput for personality tests, -3,0,+3 ?
Thanks for your fast answer. We have Version 1.92+

More
3 years 8 months ago #103712 by DenisChenu
DenisChenu replied the topic: Question type Multiple numerical imput for personality tests, -3,0,+3 ?
To be sure,

In " Sub-question validation equation (em_validation_sq)" :
self.NAOK!=""

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .
The following user(s) said Thank You: HenrikDobewall

More
3 years 8 months ago #103747 by tpartner
tpartner replied the topic: Question type Multiple numerical imput for personality tests, -3,0,+3 ?
Have you looked at using a slider question?

manual.limesurvey.org/Question_type_-_Mu..._.28slider_layout.29

Cheers,
Tony Partner
Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HenrikDobewall

More
3 years 7 months ago #104164 by HenrikDobewall
HenrikDobewall replied the topic: Question type Multiple numerical imput for personality tests, -3,0,+3 ?
Thnks you so much, that seems to be the perfect solution. Works and is more fun.

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now