Place help text between question group and subquestions

More
3 years 8 months ago #102781 by FZ_Augsburg
FZ_Augsburg created the topic: Place help text between question group and subquestions
Hi @all,

currently the help text in Citronade is displayed below the subquestions. However, for reasons of ease of use, I would like to display the help text between the question group and the subquestions (see the attached screenshot). Could anyone help me out?

Your help is highly appreciated!
Al
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #102782 by tpartner
tpartner replied the topic: Place help text between question group and subquestions
Can you not just add the "help" text to the "question" text?

Cheers,
Tony Partner
Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

More
3 years 8 months ago #102786 by FZ_Augsburg
FZ_Augsburg replied the topic: Place help text between question group and subquestions
Thank you for your answer, Tony.
That would be the last resort, because it is quite inconsistent with the way all other questions are formatted.

I deduce from your answer, that the change I want is very difficult to implement?

More
3 years 8 months ago #102788 by tpartner
tpartner replied the topic: Place help text between question group and subquestions
No, not difficult at all. Do you want this for all array questions or only a specific question?

Cheers,
Tony Partner
Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

More
3 years 8 months ago #102791 by FZ_Augsburg
FZ_Augsburg replied the topic: Place help text between question group and subquestions
It would work for all.

More
3 years 8 months ago #102792 by tpartner
Add this to the end of template.js:

$(document).ready(function(){
	$('.array-flexible-row').each(function(i) {
		$('div.question-text', this).after($('div.question-help', this));
	});
})

Cheers,
Tony Partner
The following user(s) said Thank You: FZ_Augsburg

More
3 years 8 months ago #102798 by FZ_Augsburg
Thank you so much, Tony!

If I may, I do have a follow up question: if I do not answer a mandatory question, a pop-up window appears, notifying that I have to answer certain questions. If I click OK, a red text above the subquestions appears reading reading something like "this question is mandatory. Please answer it". If I would like to change both texts (the one in the pop up, and the one in red), do you know how I could do that?

Anyway, your support is highly helpful! Thank you again.

More
3 years 8 months ago #102800 by tpartner
You can customize the translation strings for those or create your own language - manual.limesurvey.org/How_to_translate_L...existing_translation

Cheers,
Tony Partner

More
3 years 8 months ago #102801 by FZ_Augsburg
Very nice, thank you!

If I would like to display the help text between question and subquestion for a long free text, what do I insert in the above syntax instead of array-flexible-row? (long-free-text or free-text do not work)..

Thanks!

More
3 years 8 months ago #102802 by tpartner
Try text-long. Here is a full list of question classes - manual.limesurvey.org/The_template_edito..._of_question_classes

Cheers,
Tony Partner

More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #102828 by DenisChenu
DenisChenu replied the topic: Place help text between question group and subquestions
Hi,

OIf you need help before all question answer.
Fo all question type
(and i think it's better for accessibility)
You can update question.pstpl file too:
<div {QUESTION_ESSENTIALS} class="question-wrapper {QUESTION_CLASS}{QUESTION_MAN_CLASS}{QUESTION_INPUT_ERROR_CLASS}">
	<div class="question-text">
		<span class="asterisk">{QUESTION_MANDATORY}</span><span class="qnumcode">{QUESTION_NUMBER} {QUESTION_CODE} </span>{QUESTION_TEXT}
	</div>
	<div class="help-wrapper">
		<div class="mandatory error">{QUESTION_MAN_MESSAGE}</div>
		{QUESTION_VALID_MESSAGE}
	        <div class="question-help">{QUESTIONHELP}>/div>
		<div class="tip">{QUESTION_HELP}</div>
	</div>
	<div class="answers-wrapper">
		{ANSWER}
	</div>

</div>

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by DenisChenu.

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now