Delete select options (dropdown list) via java script

More
3 years 1 week ago #112398 by ongkichilam
ongkichilam replied the topic: Delete select options (dropdown list) via java script
Got it! Thanks again.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #118226 by nickwelhar
nickwelhar replied the topic: Delete select options (dropdown list) via java script
Check with........SPAM ? corelangs.com/js/progs/options.html Javascript Combobox
Nick
Last Edit: 2 years 6 months ago by DenisChenu.

More
2 years 6 months ago #118228 by DenisChenu
DenisChenu replied the topic: Delete select options (dropdown list) via java script
@nickwelhar ? Did you really read the question or you search a forum to put a link ?

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .

More
1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #133237 by deejroamer
deejroamer replied the topic: Delete select options (dropdown list) via java script
@DenisChenu, Thank you for your amazing out of the box script. I just modded it a bit so that the CSS of the new select is same as it was for the original select.

Link Here

I am not sure how long link will be up so To do the same

Add this line
var classSelectFilter = $("#question"+qID).find("select").attr('class');

Mod this line
var NewSelectElement = "<select id='"+idNewSelectFilter+"' class='"+classSelectFilter+"'><option value=''>"+$("#"+idSelectFilter+" option[value='']:first").text()+"</option></select>";

I request DenisChenu to permanently add this tweak to help any future users. Not everybody has time to skim through forums like us.
A credit to me would be nice :)
Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by deejroamer.

More
1 year 6 months ago #133248 by holch
holch replied the topic: Delete select options (dropdown list) via java script
Our manual is a wiki, so you actually can add this yourself and help the community. The credit will then be given automatically through the system (I think at the end of the page).

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds

More
1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #133256 by deejroamer
deejroamer replied the topic: Delete select options (dropdown list) via java script
Oh, DenisChenu's Method is not updated in Manual.

I was just telling that the script DenisChenu has on his server (link he gave in the second post )
So that when somebody else uses his script he gets added benefits to CSS Retention.

I will try updating the wiki. Never done it before :P

@DenisChenu, Can I use your method to update the wiki?
Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by deejroamer. Reason: Asked DenisChenu for permission

More
1 year 6 months ago #133258 by DenisChenu
DenisChenu replied the topic: Delete select options (dropdown list) via java script

deejroamer wrote: @DenisChenu, Can I use your method to update the wiki?

The script is free like a speech (and like a beer). Then yes , no problem.

I have to put it in git(hub|.framasoft|lab) with a clear MIT licence, when i do : i put the link here. I search for a way to do it in plugin (without need to deactivate XSS for user).

Denis
PS: MIT licence : keep copyright (mine and yours).

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .

More
1 year 6 months ago #133259 by deejroamer
A'right, Works for me, if you need help doing it, don't mind asking. I am free before May, maybe we can make it work.

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now