Check out the LimeSurvey source code on GitHub!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: Saving Changes To A Template

Saving Changes To A Template 2 years 8 months ago #101817

• zgall1
  • Fresh Lemon
I am trying to make changes to a template but when I try to save changes, I receive the following error:
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /survey2/index.php/admin/templates/sa/templatesavechanges on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to > handle the request.

When I look in the templates folder, I do not see the templates I have created even though they are visible from within the LimeSurvey administration panel. Does anyone know how I can fix this error?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Saving Changes To A Template 2 years 8 months ago #101824

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 1356
The custom templates are in the /upload/templates directory. I would check the permissions for that directory.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: zgall1

Saving Changes To A Template 2 years 8 months ago #101839

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 1319
Hi,

And there can be another problem with your server. Check if this hapen for template.css file too.

Denis
Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core developpement are on my free time (Say thanks ?).
A bug not reported is a bug not corrected. | Please, read the documentation | La doc en français à besoin de vous

Saving Changes To A Template 2 years 8 months ago #101878

• zgall1
  • Fresh Lemon
tpartner - All of the sub-folders within the upload/templates directory have been assigned write permission but yet I still cannot save changes. I have also tried to adjust the permissions of folders that are higher within the hierarchy but I haven't had any luck.

DenisChenu - The changes I am trying to make are to the template.css file. Can you elaborate on what the problem with my server might be?

Saving Changes To A Template 2 years 7 months ago #101898

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
It's a problem with some server with specific security : if file have <script> inside : launch error.

Did you set execute permiison on folder too ?

Denis
Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core developpement are on my free time (Say thanks ?).
A bug not reported is a bug not corrected. | Please, read the documentation | La doc en français à besoin de vous
The following user(s) said Thank You: zgall1

Saving Changes To A Template 2 years 7 months ago #102014

• zgall1
  • Fresh Lemon
DenisChenu - I set the execute permission on every folder that could possibly be related to the template and it was not successful.

Saving Changes To A Template 2 years 7 months ago #102150

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
Don't have anothger idea :
Please trye to look at your server erro log to see what can happened.

Denis

Saving Changes To A Template 2 years 6 months ago #103577

• LloydW
  • Junior Lime
  • Thank you received: 1
I'm getting the same error - logged in as either admin or a superuser.
I've checked all the permissions for the relevant directories & they are 775 or 777.

The check of the error log comes back with:
[Thu Jan 16 17:29:52 2014] [error] [client 124.170.94.71] File does not exist: /home/techlife/public_html/403.shtml, referer: www.tech4life.com.au/surveys/index.php/a...ame/lloyd_accessible

So as far as the server seems to be saying the problem is that it does not have a html error file - not about permissions for the template.

Any other ideas?

Saving Changes To A Template 2 years 6 months ago #103579

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
Did you try another file ?

Best is to test with:
- template.css : if it don't work : it's a rigth issue on your server : we can not fix this server issue
- If ok with template.css, but not with pstpl file : look at this pstpl if there are some <script> tag inside. Is yes : try to remobe it. If OK : server issue.

PS : some server need 700 rigth, some other 744 etc ... contact your hoster
Last Edit: 2 years 6 months ago by DenisChenu. Reason: some server need 700 rigth, some other 744 etc ... contact your hoster

Saving Changes To A Template 2 years 6 months ago #103590

• LloydW
  • Junior Lime
OK Denis the template.css gave the same error.

But what I don't understand is how Limesurvey can import a new template (or even create a new one which I just did) and it is stored in that directory and there are no errors. I can successfully edit using a 'notepad' type application on the server - also no problems.

Only when I try to save from the TemplateEditor.

Seems an odd one to me.
Last Edit: 2 years 6 months ago by LloydW.

Saving Changes To A Template 2 years 6 months ago #103593

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
Strange, maybe some issue with template name vs directory name.

Can you set debug to 2 in config.php and try again ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: LloydW

Saving Changes To A Template 2 years 6 months ago #103600

• LloydW
  • Junior Lime
Sorry Dennis - maybe I've got the wrong file: /application/config/config.php ? I set it to 2 but no change to messages etc.

Saving Changes To A Template 2 years 6 months ago #103609

• LloydW
  • Junior Lime
Further to my last - I've discovered that the 'NewTemplate' I created this afternoon I can edit (just duplicated the default template).

So I've set all the permissions for the problem one to match.
I also wondered if the name I had used with an underscore may be the problem. I tried duplicating to a different name.

All to no avail. The template won't save. It was created for me and then downloaded to here but that shouldn't cause the problem? If you like I can send the template through to you and we can see if the error is replicated (so is it the template, or my installation)? :unsure:

Saving Changes To A Template 2 years 6 months ago #103611

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
Yes, please attach an export of the template here or, if it's sensitive, send Denis and I a private message.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Saving Changes To A Template 2 years 6 months ago #103626

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
Unfortunately, Denis and I are stumped. Neither of us had problems saving files in the template editor.

It's got to be something to do with your server configuration.

The only suggestion I have is that if the shipped templates work, try removing files from the custom template one-by-one to see if any of them are offending the server.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

The following user(s) said Thank You: LloydW
  • Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.359 seconds
Imprint                   Data Protection Statement                  Revocation information and revocation form