Conditions using hidden equation not working properly

More
3 years 9 months ago #97525 by aiseke
Hello,

I have Version 1.92+ Build 120815 through the U of Miami server. I am trying to set randomized conditions so that survey participants only see one version of an information packet. To do this I've created a hidden equation type question to randomly generate a number 1 to 3 by writing {rand(1,3)}

I then set conditions for the three subsequent questions such that the first is only shown when a number 1 is generated and so on. The relevance equations for these questions currently look like this: ((genno.NAOK == "1")) etc.

This is almost sort of working: a random number is generated and only one info packet comes up at a time. However, the number's never match the same packet. So though I've set 1 to match packet 1, 2 will come up with 3, 1 with 2, 3 with 2 etc, different everytime. Something's off and I've been searching forums, but I've only found instructions to exactly what I've tried. I need this to match so that when I get my data I know exactly what information was shown the participant as it's intended as an experimental condition.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

best,

Julia

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #97556 by tpartner
Try this for genno, so it only gets set once:
{if(genno >= 1, genno, rand(1, 3))}

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Last Edit: 3 years 9 months ago by tpartner.

More
3 years 9 months ago #97567 by first
manual.limesurvey.org/Expression_Manager...e_Question_Per_Group

Import sample survey nd modify according to your requirement.

Survey Designer and Programmer

More
3 years 8 months ago #97573 by aiseke
This appears to have fixed the problem. Many thanks for your help!