Check out the LimeSurvey source code on GitHub!

Design issues with Internet Explorer

More
3 years 11 months ago #94202 by SHrubesch
Hi all,

I am having trouble arranging the boxes to where they are indented correctly. This problem however doesn't occur with Chrome or Firefox where they are displayed the right way. Any ideas how to solve this? Thanks in advance! Stefan

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago #94266 by tpartner
This is because older versions of IE don't understand the table property values. To fix the display in those browsers you will need to set the width of the labels.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SHrubesch

More
3 years 10 months ago #94269 by SHrubesch
Thanks! Can you tell me how to set the width of the labels? Do I have to access the source code?

More
3 years 10 months ago #94277 by holch
Not in the source code of the application, but in in the css file of the template.

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds

More
3 years 10 months ago #94309 by tpartner
Yes, as Holch says, modify the CSS file(s). In this case, you probably only need to do it in ie_fix_7.css.

Something like:
.numeric-multi .question-item label {
  width: 150px;
}

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

More
3 years 10 months ago #94313 by DenisChenu
Think it's OK with citronade (use float left for IE7/8 and table for other.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).

Imprint                   Privacy policy         General Terms & Conditions         Revocation information and revocation form