Expression Manager Group Attributes not appearing when coded in template

More
4 years 6 months ago #92704 by bandelier
bandelier created the topic: Expression Manager Group Attributes not appearing when coded in template
I'm trying to design my CSS so that different groups get different style treatments (with unique images, backgrounds) but when I place the following Expression Manager Attributes in the startgroup.pstpl or groupdescription.pstpl templates, nothing appears:

{GID}
{GROUPNAME}
{GROUPDESCRIPTION}

...Yet <div id="group-0"> appears right above these in the source code. What am i missing here? What variable is the page calling that displays the group number in the starting div tag? This is all I need. Also, if I place these attributes in the lower templates, they appear just fine!

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #92729 by DenisChenu
DenisChenu replied the topic: Expression Manager Group Attributes not appearing when coded in template
You're right for {GID} allways replaced by 0 in question by question mode and don't have too *.

But for GROUPNAME and GROUPDESCRIPTION it work on the last version.
Try to reset the EM : click to see the Expression Manager file test.

Denis
*: Please fill a bug report with a adapted template

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by DenisChenu.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bandelier

More
4 years 6 months ago #92736 by bandelier
bandelier replied the topic: Expression Manager Group Attributes not appearing when coded in template
I was able to get the {GROUPNAME} and {GROUPDESCRIPTION} variables to appear after going into general settings as the administrator and adjusting the piece that allows for these to be shown.

Did you already participate in our customer survey?

Don't miss your chance for great prices.

Please click here to participate:

Start now

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now