Using quotas: Teminate survey message vs terminate with warning message?

More
4 years 4 months ago #92176 by sD960
sD960 created the topic: Using quotas: Teminate survey message vs terminate with warning message?
I'm using a quota set at 0 for a "no" response to a yes/no question. It basically works, but I'd like to terminate with a warning message rather than simply terminate.

For setting up the quota, Limesurvey provides 2 text boxes (a bigger one followed by a smaller one), both labeled "Quota message". There is no indication that one box is for a termination message and one for a warning. The instructions in the manual only mention 1 box, but of course do mention the warning/nowarning option. I've entered a "thanks, further participation is not needed"-type message in the first box, and this shows up (appropriately)when the survey-taker responds "no". If I set the quota to terminate WITHOUT a warning, the "thanks" message appears and the survey ends. If I set the quota to terminate WITH a warning, the "thanks" message appears, but the survey-taker has the option of going back and changing the answer. Fine, but I'd like a warning message (e.g., "if you enter no, the survey will end")

How do I get a warning message? I've tried entering a warning message in the second text box, but it doesn't shows up in the (activated) survey. Experimenting with quotas is a minor nuisance, and it means activating, de-activating, re-activating ad infinitum, since quotas only work when the survey is active--and besides, I can't think of what else to try.

I'm using version 2.00.

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now