index.php issue - Can I remove my email address + access to surveys?

More
5 years 2 months ago #92092 by Sweden
Sweden created the topic: index.php issue - Can I remove my email address + access to surveys?
If you google "The following surveys are available" you get a list of LS admin emails and surveys - I don't like spam so I don't want to share my email address with the whole world. I also prefill questions (and give access to the survey) via survey url so I don't need this survey entry.

I could probably disallow indexing but people can still access the page... and some bots will still index. How do I remove/change this page (index.php) without causing any problems?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #92097 by holch
holch replied the topic: index.php issue - Can I remove my email address + access to surveys?
You need to check in the template. The file you want to look at should be surveylist.

Surveys only appear there if they are "public".

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds

More
5 years 2 months ago #92098 by Sweden
Sweden replied the topic: index.php issue - Can I remove my email address + access to surveys?
Great! Thanks holch ;)

I could of course delete/comment out everything but the page would still be there. Is there any way to get rid of this page completely?

More
5 years 2 months ago #92101 by Ben_V
Ben_V replied the topic: index.php issue - Can I remove my email address + access to surveys?
hello,

you can set a redirection to another page in the surveylist file using a meta refresh tag and/or javascript...

Ben/

Benoît

EM Variables => bit.ly/1TKQyNu | EM Roadmap => bit.ly/1UTrOB4
Last Releases => 2.6x.x goo.gl/ztWfIV | 2.06/2.6.x => bit.ly/1Qv44A1
Demo Surveys => goo.gl/HuR6Xe (already included in /docs/demosurveys)

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now
Join our Newsletter!