Check out the LimeSurvey source code on GitHub!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:

TOPIC: "Uses left" for tokens being ignored

"Uses left" for tokens being ignored 4 years 1 month ago #87071

• Joshua01
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello everyone,

I am facing a somewhat strange behavior of LimeSurvey (Version 2.00+ Build 121017) in my first self-made survey and am not entirely sure whether it's me or the software. Maybe you can tell!

Here's the situation: I have created a rather simple, closed, anonymous survey and issued a token with an "uses left" value of 1. Invitation mails are being sent out via e-mail just as desired and I can easily complete my survey. As soon as this has been done, the token's "uses left" value goes down to 0 and "completed" is set to "Y" - beautiful.

Now here the trouble starts: I can simply click on the token link inside my e-mail again and do the survey once again! After repeated completen, the "uses left" go down to "-1" (oups!) and "completed" stays at "Y". I also receive an additional reply record in my data.

I would instead expect the user to be able to modify his old reply, as set up in the survey settings.

Is this the correct behavior of the system? I have browsed multiple threads in this community but couldn't find anybody reporting the same issue, so I still assume it's some kind of misconfiguration that you could hint me at.

Thanks a lot!

Joshua
Last Edit: 4 years 1 month ago by Joshua01.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

"Uses left" for tokens being ignored 4 years 1 month ago #87106

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 1374
Strange think, can you upload the lss file to see the survey settings ?

(Not attented behaviour)
Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (use private message).

"Uses left" for tokens being ignored 4 years 1 month ago #87229

• Joshua01
  • Fresh Lemon
Dear Denis,

Thanks for your reply and sorry for keeping you waiting.

I just found out that this behavior is obviously linked to the "Allow editing responses after completion?" preference on the "Tokens" tab. After disabling it, the survey works perfectly. Unfortunately, I cannot publish the lss file due to some confidential content in the survey, but in case somebody is able to reproduce this effect, maybe it's worth filing a bug report.

Best regards

Joshua

"Uses left" for tokens being ignored 4 years 1 month ago #87230

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 1374
Joshua wrote:
I just found out that this behavior is obviously linked to the "Allow editing responses after completion?" preference on the "Tokens" tab.... it's worth filing a bug report.
No,

It's an atended behaviour. If you alllow to edit response, user can came back to the suvey.

Denis
Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (use private message).
Time to create page: 0.284 seconds
Imprint                   Privacy policy         General Terms & Conditions         Revocation information and revocation form