Survey in Spanish but Tips in English

More
5 years 2 weeks ago - 5 years 2 weeks ago #84177 by Usapuka
Usapuka created the topic: Survey in Spanish but Tips in English
Hello,
The languaje of my survey is in Spanish but the Tips appears in English ¿what can I do?
If I put "Hide Tip" = Yes the Tips stills appears.

Thank you!

Attachments:
Last Edit: 5 years 2 weeks ago by Usapuka.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #84179 by holch
holch replied the topic: Survey in Spanish but Tips in English
Usually the tip should be hidden, wenn you use "hide tip". What template do you use?

If the setting of your survey language in Limesurvey is Spanish, then the tips should be in Spanish as well. However, some languages are not translated completely, so this might be a reason. On the other hand, Spanish should be translated quite well, because there are a lot of users (we depend on the users here to help with translation).

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #84182 by Usapuka
Usapuka replied the topic: Survey in Spanish but Tips in English
Thank you for your answer holch!

I am using a template that I modified from the original. Is the same template that I used before and I did not have any problem, the tips are in spanish as you can see:

Attachments:

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #84184 by holch
I had a quick look at the translation tool and it is this specific text that simply hasn't been translated by anyone yet.

The fact that you can't hide the tip via the interface might have to do with the modifications that you made to the template (not sure though). Give it a try with one of the default templates and see what happens.

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago - 5 years 2 weeks ago #84185 by holch
You can help translating here: docs.limesurvey.org/Translating+LimeSurvey

Last Edit: 5 years 2 weeks ago by holch.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #84186 by DenisChenu
DenisChenu replied the topic: Survey in Spanish but Tips in English
Hello,

Think it's a new lanage string, see translate.limesurvey.org/projects/limesu...1/es/default?filters [status]=untranslated&sort[by]=priority&sort[how]=desc

Denis
(I have it in french)

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .

More
5 years 2 weeks ago - 5 years 2 weeks ago #84207 by Usapuka
Hello DenisChenu,

Sorry, but I don't understand what should I do.

holch,
I changed to the basic template and with "Hide tip"=Yes, the tips are still there.

If don't indicate the Maximun or Minimun answers the Tip do not appears

I did the translation, uploaded the new ".mo" file and the Tips are still in English... I do not understand...

Thank you for your help!
Last Edit: 5 years 2 weeks ago by Usapuka.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #84208 by TMSWhite
TMSWhite replied the topic: Survey in Spanish but Tips in English
The translations are now managed by translate.limesurvey.org.

As this URL shows, the "please select" messages are not translated into Spanish.

If you enter the translations there, there is an automatic update process that will commit them to GitHub the next day, so the translations will be available with the next 1.92+ release (which comes out weekly).

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #84210 by holch
@Thomas: does that mean that there is no way to adapt the translations only for the local installation?

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #84211 by TMSWhite
@holch-

I think there is a way to adapt for a local installation, but I don't know the details. I presumed the question was how to translate those phrases for everyone.

/Tom

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #84213 by holch
Yeah, this was the question. But when I read your post I became a little worried. Because the approach of Limesurvey to handle error messages and those tips is already very centralized, which makes it hard to customize it already. If we can't change the language files for certain installations anymore, this would mean that there is no way to customize this.

I also noticed that all the .po files are missing in newer installations...

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #84215 by TMSWhite
@holch-

You can check with Carsten on details, but I think there is still a way to customize the language files (by editing and compiling the .po files yourself).

The .po files were removed because they were taking up a lot of space, and they were redundant since the .mo files were being auto-generated by translate.limesurvey.org, and you can export the .po files from translate.limesurvey.org.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #84217 by Usapuka
Thank you Tom,

I translated the .po and uploaded the .mo and now is working (not at beginning, when I sent my previus message).

The problem that remains (not big now because the languaje is correct) is when I put a Max or Min number for the answers and put "Hide tip"=Yes, the tips is still there.
Attachments:

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #84223 by gwiesner
gwiesner replied the topic: Survey in Spanish but Tips in English
Hi All,

Just ugradded to LimeSurvey Professional (previously LimeService) 1.92 and have also noticed that 'hide tips' function is overruled if there are any validation rules. My survey is in English.

Not a huge problem, but sometime the tip is worded clunkily and is redundant/states the obvious.

Cheers.

Did you already participate in our customer survey?

Don't miss your chance for great prices.

Please click here to participate:

Start now

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now