Entering special characters, the fonts of an Indian language

More
5 years 4 months ago #82556 by sanjayrdesai
sanjayrdesai created the topic: Entering special characters, the fonts of an Indian language
How do I get to type in special characters - "the fonts of an Indian language (Gujarati)"? When I test-run the question (preview) all I get to see is ??????????. Out here we use the Google - IME input method.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #82578 by Mazi
Mazi replied the topic: Entering special characters, the fonts of an Indian language
You can test if this is fixed at the latest version by testing our online Demo which always runs the latest Limesurvey version.
Username: admin
Password: test
If you can reproduce the problem there please report back.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

More
5 years 4 months ago #82593 by sanjayrdesai
sanjayrdesai replied the topic: Entering special characters, the fonts of an Indian language
Tried the it on the online Demo. No problems there but on my website it still shows ?????. Check it out on: www.sociomarketmetrics.in/limesurvey/ind...hp?sid=37182&lang=en . Please do help Marcel.

More
5 years 3 months ago #82607 by Mazi
Mazi replied the topic: Entering special characters, the fonts of an Indian language
Probably a server related issue, so ask such a question at a server admin forum.

Also have a look at the Limesurvey hosting at www.LimeSurvey Professional (previously LimeService).com if you can't solve your problem.

Dr. Marcel Minke

More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #82638 by sanjayrdesai
sanjayrdesai replied the topic: Entering special characters, the fonts of an Indian language
Yes the problem was with my website server settings. On installing and activating the utf8_unicode_ci file the fonts show up fine. Apologies to all for the inconvenience caused.
Last Edit: 5 years 3 months ago by sanjayrdesai.

More
5 years 3 months ago #82709 by Mazi
You're welcome :-)

If our hints have been helpful and you enjoy limesurvey please consider a donation to give Limesurvey a future .
We do all this in our free time and you don't have to pay a penny for this software.

Without your help we can't keep this project alive.

Dr. Marcel Minke

More
5 years 3 months ago #82718 by sanjayrdesai
Dear Marcel,

I am just stepping into the limesurvey waters -or shall we say ocean- and testing my survey successfully is still some distance away. If it works -& my heart tells me it will- rest assured of my financial support.

More
5 years 3 months ago #82863 by Mazi
Sounds great!

Dr. Marcel Minke

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now