How does the "Resume Later" button work on Anon surveys?

More
5 years 4 months ago #68910 by Mike1985
I've got an anonymous survey set up. So I can't use "Enable token-based response persistence?" to help participants access their part-completed survey.

But if the participant chooses the "Resume later" button then they CAN go back to their part-completed survey. I'm confused as to how this works? Is my survey still truely anonymous?

Thanks, I hope you can clarify this.

Mike

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #68913 by DenisChenu
Yep,

but the user can set what he want on email and name. He can take jetable.org mail for example.

There are a explanation sentence when you save your answer in the last version ( i my memory is good ).

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).

More
5 years 4 months ago #68915 by Mike1985
I didn't see any explanation..

I want to know how the back-end code works (roughly). How can it pull responses out of survey_XXXXX when there is no field to match it to the user?

Cheers,

Mike

More
5 years 4 months ago #68920 by c_schmitz
If the responses are anonymized then an pressing the save button a intermediary entry is saved into the table saved_control along with a username/password chosen by the participant (also email but that is optional). The entry in saved_control does contain the ID of the saved response entry.

Best regards

Carsten Schmitz
LimeSurvey project leader

More
4 years 10 months ago #80927 by Pierfrancesco
Hi, I want to know if it is possible to store a saved response entry even when I submit a survey, because every submission implies the deletion of the record stored in saved_control. Could I create a new table path? Could I save more then a record? Thanks a lot.

More
4 years 10 months ago #80940 by Mazi
Why would you want to keep that data if the participant completed the response?

This is only possible by modifying the source code which I don't recommend to do.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support