Check out the LimeSurvey source code on GitHub!

Help with the limitation of the time of test's session?

More
5 years 5 months ago #64033 by Topataptuno
Hi!

I do appreciate the work you do as well as the support and solutions you provide to the customers – they are very sufficient. Thank you very much!

Yet, I need the practical advice on the following.

I have LimeSurvey 1.91+ Build 10563. I prepare a few surveys of similar character each of which consists of 10 questions. The time for entering answers shall be limited within 10 minutes.

With this in view I've set the session timeout to 600 seconds.

The question is: how to make the countdown of total time visible/ available to the responder? It’s necessary to enable the responder to complete the survey in time.

Thank you in advance,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #64052 by greg_d
Hi!

Read this tread - I think there may be a solution for you. :)

www.limesurvey.org/en/forum/can-i-do-thi...or-long-text-answers
Last Edit: 5 years 5 months ago by greg_d.

More
5 years 5 months ago #64072 by Topataptuno
Thank you for your participation. Use this link is a description of the standard functions of timing.

But I did not see the solution to my problem. Very sorry.
I need to limit the time of the test.

Do not allow the passage further 10 minutes, and prevent the transition and finish the test.

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #64073 by greg_d
I don't think that you need to use session timeout to limit time for completing the survey. If you have all 10 questions on one page, just add one 'Text diplay' question on top - then you will have something like this:

Then you have to choose one of possible survey behaviors when the timer reaches the limit.
If still having troubles try to import this survey:
Attachments:
Last Edit: 5 years 5 months ago by greg_d.
The following user(s) said Thank You: drewxone

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #64074 by Topataptuno
Thank you very much!
Yes! I think I'm starting to understand!
Last Edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Topataptuno.

More
5 years 5 months ago #64094 by Topataptuno
And yet, I need help. I have not run the function "Time limit action". After the time is not transferred to the next question!
Format "group by group"

I need to act after the end of time. Go to the next test or termination of the test automatic does not work. How to implement it?

Stop time - automatically goes to the next test.

Thank you for your time! :)
Attachments:

More
5 years 5 months ago #64104 by Topataptuno
The function "Time limit action" does not work correctly.

It is intended that when the time of current test has been expired, the next test shall run automatically or the session of testing must be closed (i.e. other further action on the test shall not be available to the customer).

I laid down the respective parameters of "Time limit action" function built in the programm, but it does not work in practice .

Namely, after the ending of the established time framework (the expiration of time) the only message/ reminder on this fact appears. As the result the current test is still available to the customer (not ending automatically) or, depending on choosen function, the new test is not starting automatically.

Please suggest how to implement the aforementioned options?

Thank you for your time!

More
5 years 5 months ago #64128 by DenisChenu
Hello,

It seems you're right, please fill a bug report:

Please test if the problem still exists at the latest release . If so please open a ticket at the bugtracker and...

1. Give as much information as possible
  2. Attach your survey. You can mark your ticket "private" so that only the developers will be able to take a look at it.
  3. Provide step-by-step instructions how to reproduce the problem.
  4. If possible/helpful please provide screenshots

Afterwards please post the link to the bugtracker so we can follow the progress.

Thanks!

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).

More
5 years 2 months ago #69284 by rom
It looks like this issue has not yet been reported. I created a ticket in your bug tracker, see bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=5582

Ticket ID: 05582

More
5 years 2 months ago #69320 by Mazi
Developer feedback:
"I don't think this is a bug.

When in group-by-group mode, the "move on" actions of the timer are replaced with a "disable" action. This is the intended behaviour so the timer(s) do not affect other questions on the page.

I've updated the wiki."

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

More
5 years 2 months ago #69337 by tpartner
A workaround would be to modify quanda.php (although any modifications would be over-written when updating).

Find this line in quanda.php:
action = 3;";

And change it to this:
//action = 3;";

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

More
5 years 2 months ago #69344 by rom
Thank you for taking some time to figure out this workaround, tpartner.

Unfortunately we won't modify the file, as we already have a lot of modifications to do every time we update, and this feature would just be a nice-to-have one, its not a must-have for us.

"Limit the time to fill out a survey" -> may I suggest this one as a new feature?

More
5 years 2 months ago #69348 by Mazi

rom wrote: "Limit the time to fill out a survey" -> may I suggest this one as a new feature?

Sure, feature requests are always welcome, we like to know what users think about new feature so this would be great.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

More
5 years 2 months ago #69366 by DenisChenu
Maybe just a survey setting : limit for group and survey too.

And then : use the actual time limit option.

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).

Imprint                   Privacy policy         General Terms & Conditions         Revocation information and revocation form