Check out the LimeSurvey source code on GitHub!

1500 item drop down list - should I expect performance problems?

More
5 years 8 months ago #62513 by lovepade
Hi guys,

a quick question: I am setting up a survey. I ask each respondent to supply where they live. I don't need a precise address - just the city. So I have a list with 1500 postal codes.

Will this cause problems?

Sincerely
Andreas

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #62514 by lovepade
Also - when I try to add the 1500 items, i get this message:

Access denied!
Security alert: Someone may be trying to use your LimeSurvey session (CSRF attack suspected). If you just clicked on a malicious link, please report this to your system administrator.
Also this problem can occur when you are working/editing in LimeSurvey in several browser windows/tabs at the same time.

More
5 years 8 months ago #62521 by lovepade
OK - I'll just continue in this thread. Via some magic, some grinding, some compromises, the list is not "only" 700 items long. But that is apparently still to much for limesurvey - as I still get 'the Access denied' message. Any ideas?

More
5 years 8 months ago #62538 by tpartner
Try a short-text question with the jQuery Autocomplete workaround - docs.limesurvey.org/Workarounds%3A+Manip...ime+using+Javascript

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: c_schmitz, DenisChenu, lovepade, greg_d

More
5 years 8 months ago #62549 by lovepade
That looks really good. Will hopefully get around to implementing this today, otherwise monday. Will report back - but of course it will work :-)

Great - thank you

More
5 years 8 months ago #62550 by c_schmitz
If you get an Access denied error when posting alot of items you have most probably the Suhosin module on your server installed. It will create all kind of problems so you rather remove it. 1500 items in a dropbox is usually not a problem.

Best regards

Carsten Schmitz
LimeSurvey project leader
The following user(s) said Thank You: lovepade

More
5 years 8 months ago #62551 by lovepade
Wauw - yes, I do have suhosin (it's default I think). I am a carefull soul, so I prefer not to remove it, but if it in general bugs down performance - I will.

For now I hope autocomplete and an external csv file will do the the sweet limesurvey-dance that I love.

Thanks again.

Imprint                   Privacy policy         General Terms & Conditions         Revocation information and revocation form