Check out the LimeSurvey source code on GitHub!

Problem Export to SPSS (Question Code gets lost)

More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #58163 by HIV7
Hello Experts,

I got a problem with the export from LimeSurvey to SPSS 19, because the Question Code gets lost and is substituted by V01, V02 ,,, by SPSS.

That is in the view of my doctoral adviser a scientific gap, because when doing some analysis and getting back from what question is behind V123 is not that easy. The additional Export fields from LimeSurvey like the ID of the participant and the timestamp as well as the language do not make that easier.

Below there is a Screenshot from my survey, where the Question-Codes are shown:


And here the one out of SPSS (where the question codes are substituted by V01-Vxx):



Anyway, too much information as these three fields can be deleted, but how to get the question Code out of LimeSurvey? In my view that has to be within the exported syntax file, because there SPSS creates the V01-Vxx Variables.

In Excel the Export of the Answers and even the Question-Codes works perfect.

So can please anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong, or what I have to do to get the question codes out of LimeSurvey and into SPSS?

I attach the SPSS Syntax and the SPSS Data file, as well as the Excel Export File.


File Attachment:

File Name: survey_499...file.zip
File Size:1 KB


File Attachment:

File Name: survey_499...file.zip
File Size:1 KB


File Attachment:

File Name: Excel resu...9956.zip
File Size:2 KB







THX in advance,
HIV7
Last Edit: 5 years 10 months ago by HIV7.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago #58187 by HIV7
Hi,

I just went on. I found out, that the SPSS syntax afforts that the Variables/Question Codes start with a non numeric character like "q" for question.

Unfortunately even that change in LimeSurvey did not guide the LS question codes through to SPSS...

So there must be another mistake or missing functionality...

HIV7

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #58272 by mdekker
The rename from Vxxx to the real name should be in the bottom of the (.sps) script. When the script fails, it never reaches the renames. also, make sure you use "run all"

EDIT: Verified your files work perfectly fine in SPSS 17.0.2
also: don't forget to point the script to the right map for your .dat file, that is line 5 of the script.

---
Menno Dekker
Last Edit: 5 years 10 months ago by mdekker.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #58278 by HIV7
Hello,

sry, I don't understand what do you mean I have do to?

Can you give ma Screenshot?

Please,
THX a lot,
HIV7
Last Edit: 5 years 10 months ago by HIV7.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #58279 by mdekker
I now see you get data in your spss so the script should be ok... Try the run all option instead of the normal way you use to run the syntax.


In the screenshot you see the rename statements on the bottom, they should give you the right variable names.

---
Menno Dekker
Attachments:
Last Edit: 5 years 10 months ago by mdekker. Reason: typo
The following user(s) said Thank You: HIV7

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago #58280 by HIV7
Solved, THX a Lot!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Imprint                   Privacy policy         General Terms & Conditions         Revocation information and revocation form