Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Participant Registration Issues - Struggling for a week

• dbpro2
  • dbpro2's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 2 weeks ago #196348 by dbpro2
I haven't used debug mode, I'll give it a try when I get a chance. First I was going to look at the db tables to see if the global survey settings are getting transferred to a new survey correctly.

I'm a semi retired front end/gui client/server guy, and I don't know php much so my first course of action is to usually to look at the data. What I am suspecting to find is allow register doesn't get set to Y from the inherited global settings but I could be wrong at this point... just seems to be the problem.

btw. this is where info and the text can be found in registrationcontroller.php

github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/pull/1401

regards
dbpro2
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 2 weeks ago #196350 by DenisChenu
Maybe settings are not copied correctly ?

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • dbpro2
  • dbpro2's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 2 weeks ago #196388 by dbpro2

DenisChenu wrote: Maybe settings are not copied correctly ?

Yes that is what I am suspecting. If set public registration to ON in global survey settings, it will show inherited ON in the survey settings but will not work. If set it to ON it works... so that would be my guess. Deja Vu tells me that I had this problem years ago when I was trying Lime. The question is why are others not having this problem? In searching I did find a few people getting the same error that I did but not many. It could be because it's easy to fix "Accidentally" as I have also seen it said that some of their surveys work and some don't.

My question to all of you now is what table and what setting in the database is it? I have looked at the tables and it's not easy to find... I only took a quick look so far but somebody knows, it would be helpful.

thanks
dbpro2
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu, cdorin
  • DenisChenu
More
4 years 2 weeks ago #196391 by DenisChenu

dbpro2 wrote: If set public registration to ON in global survey settings, it will show inherited ON in the survey settings but will not work.

OK; bug must be reported

dbpro2 wrote: My question to all of you now is what table and what setting in the database is it? I have looked at the tables and it's not easy to find... I only took a quick look so far but somebody knows, it would be helpful.

You have 3 options : on/off/inherit (from Survey group if i don't make error).

Seems inheruit is broken here.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cdorin
More
3 years 9 months ago #202005 by mahamcou
I have the exact same problem. But I know that the survey is there and active. If email addresses are entered, users receive invitations which include correct working links to the survey!
I chose "On" rather than "Inherit" and my survey still shows "Closed Group" = Y
Any suggestions?

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose