Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Stopping group re-randomisation after Save & resume / Alerting respondents

• EricVanLente
  • EricVanLente's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago #180656 by EricVanLente
Hi,

I am using group randomisation to ensure that respondents in a survey get a randomly ordered version of the same questionnaire, which has 30 mandatory questions (1 in each group).

Unfortunately when I do a trial of the survey, and use the save and resume function, when I return the order of the groups/questions has changed/randomised again.

This re-randomisation of group order has two consequences:
i) respondents may get pushed back to a much earlier point in the survey
ii) respondents may have to click forward when they find that certain questions have already been answered.
MY FIRST QUESTION: Is it possible to stop this re-randomisation of the groups occuring when the respondent resumes the survey? This would be the best solution if possible.

MY SECOND QUESTION: If this is not possible, would it be possible to INFORM the respondents just before they resume the survey:
"All your answers have been saved from the last time you did this survey. However, when you resume this survey the questions may be reordered. Please simply complete the survey as before, and press 'next' if you come across a question that you answered earlier. Thank you."
I would be grateful for any help with either i) stopping re-randomisation after resuming the survey, or if this can’t be done, ii) informing respondents of changes to the survey just before they resume [or at least in the email message they get].

I have attached a survey with 7 different random groups with 1 mandatory question each ... if you wish to explore aspects of this problem and any solutions to it.

Thank you.

Eric
The topic has been locked.
More
5 years 2 months ago #180659 by jelo
What version of LimeSurvey do you use? To me this sounds like the typical behavior of LimeSurvey.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • EricVanLente
  • EricVanLente's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago #180662 by EricVanLente
Version 3.15.5+181115

Ok - I guess this is a bug then
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 2 months ago #180663 by DenisChenu

EricVanLente wrote: Version 3.15.5+181115

Ok - I guess this is a bug then

Yes, think it must be fixed in 3.0 (using seed).

Please report

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LouisGac
  • LouisGac
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 2 months ago #180687 by LouisGac
could you please first update to the latest version? thanks

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose