Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Using Expression Manager to Build Dynamic Rankings

• nh905
  • nh905's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #178302 by nh905
I created a survey that has a ranking question Q2 with seven options from which the respondent gets to pick the top three. This is followed by another ranking question Q3 where the options are dynamically created from the Q2 question by specifying {Q2_1.shown} through {Q2_3.shown} as the Q3 answer options. So far, so good.

I want the respondent to be able to add a user-defined option to the Q2 list. I created Q1 (long free text) and added a reference to {Q1.shown} as the 8th answer option in Q2. If I enter a response to Q1, it shows up in the Q2 answer options. However, if I select the user-entered option as part of my top 3 Q2 ranking, it shows in the dynamically created Q3 answer options as {Q1.shown} rather than the Q1 response text that I had entered.

So far, reading the Expression Manager documentation has not helped, and I have been unsuccessful searching for an earlier report of this issue. Any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks, Norbert
The topic has been locked.
  • nh905
  • nh905's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #178304 by nh905
Fixed - I created conditional statements comparing Q2_x.shown with '{Q1.shown}'. If a match, I displayed Q1.shown, otherwise Q2_x.shown.

Regards, Norbert
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose