Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Lime Survey Security

• jma6610
  • jma6610's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #176596 by jma6610
Lime Survey Security was created by jma6610
I'm dealing with a medium sized university institutional review board (that's not my own university) that isn't familiar with Lime Survey. These are not folks not very familiar with computers. They are asking me for information about Lime survey that they can send to their university's IT security folks to get their blessing.

I realize that the question they are asking isn't likely a very informed one, but I need to give them something to both appease them that will also be okay with IT security professionals. I'm wondering whether someone already has something written up along these lines that I might borrow.

Thanks
The topic has been locked.
More
5 years 4 months ago #176602 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic Lime Survey Security

jma6610 wrote: They are asking me for information about Lime survey that they can send to their university's IT security folks to get their blessing.

I would be very surprised if you get something.
The scope of your project is unknown. These boards and organisations want a paper to cover there a**.

Scope: Installation of LimeSurvey on server maintained by the universtity.
Get the people, which install and maintain the future LS installation on board now. They will have the greatest influence on how secure the data captured by LimeSurvey will be.

Security history:
www.cvedetails.com/vendor/6900/Limesurvey.html

Conclusion: More issues (reported)? Less secure? More secure?

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • jma6610
  • jma6610's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #176607 by jma6610
Replied by jma6610 on topic Lime Survey Security
Thanks. That's essentially what I already told the colleague I'm working with. That that folks running the servers are what matters most. ...but as you say, someone just wants someone else to tell them that all's okay.

...was hoping that someone else had some language already written.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose