In IE, for an Array question the radio buttons disappear when resizing the page

More
3 months 5 days ago #184608 by holch

eems strange to me that no one who uses Lime Survey has responses coming in from IE.

I can only speak for me, and in my market, incidence for IE was 0,85% in April according to Statcounter. So for me it is not worth testing the questionnaire on IE anymore. I will accept to exclude 0,85% of potential respondents for the advantage of not having the additional work.

In other markets and for special target groups IE might be still relevant though.

Seems like in the US the incidence is almost 5% still (who the hell is this, even for the whole of Africa it is below 2%). So in the US I would consider IE still relevant and would probably test the questionnaires on IE.

Now in Germany, where the Limesurvey GmbH is located IE is still at 4,85%, so I guess they have to test on IE there as well.

Quite interesting to see the local differences:
gs.statcounter.com/browser-market-share/

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 5 days ago #184609 by Jjamison0221
I apologize for my hastiness in the previous post. I tested back on other browsers and found that the button will cover the label. Therefore you will need to change the media filter to this:

@media all and (-ms-high-contrast: none), (-ms-high-contrast: active) {
.dir-ltr .extends_bpa_extends_fruity table.ls-answers .radio-item .ls-label-xs-visibility,.dir-ltr .extends_bpa_extends_fruity table.ls-answers .checkbox-item .ls-label-xs-visibility{margin-left:0px;}
.dir-rtl .extends_bpa_extends_fruity table.ls-answers .radio-item .ls-label-xs-visibility,.dir-rtl .extends_bpa_extends_fruity table.ls-answers .checkbox-item .ls-label-xs-visibility{margin-right:0px;}
.dir-ltr .extends_bpa_extends_fruity table.ls-answers .radio-item label.ls-label-xs-visibility::before,.dir-ltr .extends_bpa_extends_fruity table.ls-answers .checkbox-item label.ls-label-xs-visibility::before {margin-left:0px;}
.dir-rtl .extends_bpa_extends_fruity table.ls-answers .radio-item label.ls-label-xs-visibility::before,.dir-rtl .extends_bpa_extends_fruity table.ls-answers .checkbox-item label.ls-label-xs-visibility::before {margin-right:0px;}
.dir-ltr .extends_bpa_extends_fruity table.ls-answers .radio-item label.ls-label-xs-visibility::after,.dir-ltr .extends_bpa_extends_fruity table.ls-answers .checkbox-item label.ls-label-xs-visibility::after {margin-left:0px;}
.dir-rtl .extends_bpa_extends_fruity table.ls-answers .radio-item label.ls-label-xs-visibility::after,.dir-rtl .extends_bpa_extends_fruity table.ls-answers .checkbox-item label.ls-label-xs-visibility::after {margin-right:0px;}
}

More
3 months 5 days ago #184611 by Jjamison0221
My project is enterprise in US, sadly many organizations are still using IE as legacy. I guess it keeps the IT and IS teams employed at those organizations. Because nothing ever works well on IE.

More
3 months 5 days ago #184613 by jelo

Jjamison0221 wrote: I guess it keeps the IT and IS teams employed at those organizations.

On the windows platform the IE was controllable via grouppolicies long before Chrome and Firefox where able. And IE is updated via WindowsUpdates.

You should add the solution to the bugticket.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now
Join our Newsletter!