Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Poor landing page experience

• vadikcoma
  • vadikcoma's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #175421 by vadikcoma
Poor landing page experience was created by vadikcoma
We are having problems with facebook ads. Every time we run ads for traffic to survey page, we get this error:

"We've flagged your ad's landing page because it has elements that Facebook considers to be a negative experience for people. As a result, we'll show your ad to fewer people than would typically see it for its current budget. Elements of a negative experience include sensationalized content or disruptive ads. To learn more about negative landing page experiences, view our full list. If you think our system flagged your ad's landing page by mistake, let us know."

Does anyone have any idea what might be the problem?
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by vadikcoma.
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 6 months ago #175422 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Poor landing page experience
I guess you will have to ask this question to Facebook, rather than to Limesurvey.

How do you post your ads?
LS is obviously not optimized for Facebook ads, but with your description and the very basic error message, it is basically impossible to figure out what the problem could be.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
More
5 years 6 months ago #175423 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic Poor landing page experience
Is the adlink directly to a survey? The loading performance when hitting a survey link might be to weak (e.g. session cost a lot of performance). Just create a real landing page instead and link to the survey from there. But only Facebook knows the rating system for the label "poor landing page experience".

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
  • vadikcoma
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #175424 by vadikcoma
Replied by vadikcoma on topic Poor landing page experience
The thing is - we created dozens of such surveys before. Same URL, same ad setting, and here, just out of nowhere - they are blocking us on "poor landing page" grounds.

Regarding ad posting - we create basic timeline ads with direct link to our survey - example.com/survey/index.php/727744?lang=ru (I don't want to give exact link in case of unnecessary submissions, as we are currently running a survey)
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by DenisChenu. Reason: Usage of example.com
  • vadikcoma
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #175425 by vadikcoma
Yes, ad link goes directly to survey on our website - example.com/survey/index.php/727744?lang=ru (I don't want to give exact link in case of unnecessary submissions, as we are currently running a survey)

There is no other landing page that is more suitable than survey itself. We want people to click ad on facebook and land on our survey page
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by DenisChenu. Reason: Usage of example.com
  • holch
More
5 years 6 months ago #175460 by holch
If it worked before and you have changed nothing (e.g. the version of Limesurvey), then they only option to get any valuable information will be from Facebook itself.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

• vadikcoma
More
5 years 6 months ago #175461 by vadikcoma
Exactly, we had 5 surveys, didn't update the LimeSurvey app or change any settings on site. And when starting new survey got blocked.

We submitted all possible forms to facebook, but never got any response.

I agree, that its up to Facebook to let us know what was the problem, I was just hoping to find people having similar issue
  • holch
More
5 years 6 months ago #175462 by holch
I don't think that many will recruit directly via Facebook Ads for their research. But maybe someone has more experience with this. You can always try.

The bad thing is that those giants never will give you a clear reason.

Does the Facebook Ad look different now than before? Or is the survey controversal? My guess would be that a lot of people marked your ad as inapropriate or something. but without knowing the ad or the survey, this is all guess work.

• vadikcoma
More
5 years 5 months ago #175504 by vadikcoma
No, ad looked exactly the same... Only link to to survey was updated, with different survey ID.

Survey is about radio-listening habbits. So nothing really controversial here too.

And we have 50% submission rate - i.e. every second click results in completed survey.
  • holch
More
5 years 5 months ago #175505 by holch
Strange.

I doubt that there is someone at Facebook looking through the ads and marks them as "bad user experience". My theory is that there is some kind of algorythm behind it. Here a few theories:

1. The number of people who say they don't want to see this ad anymore. This might not necessary because of the ad itself being especially annoying, but it could be that your target audience is very small, so they see the ad quite frequently, or something in this direction.
2. Something like response rate (how many people need to see the ad for someone to click). They might not like low response rates, because they probably could make more money with better performing ads.

This is only speculation. I am in no means an expert in these things.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose