Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Registration email sends you back to registration page

• earlofwessex
  • earlofwessex's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 7 months ago #172796 by earlofwessex
I am using Version 2.73.1+171220

My survey is set to public registration and anonymous response. When I go to preview the survey it asks for my name and email. I enter only the email, since I'd rather not know the names of my respondents and if I could only ask for an email, I would. It tells me that an email has been sent.

The email contains a URL link which ends in "index.php/371324/lang/en/token/VNuEqs9vpcLbXi8"

When I click the link it takes me to the "You must be registered to complete this survey" page. I must fill in my email again in order to click continue. When I do I get:

"Thank you for registering to participate in this survey.

The address you have entered is already registered. An email has been sent to this address with a link that gives you access to the survey."

In the top right is an option to "load unfinished survey." This button does nothing except change the url, but the page I'm on is visually unchanged. There is also a option to "exit and clear survey" which I have not tried because it isn't what I want to do.

One thing: is the token included in the url? If it is, then I don't see the "R" which the manual says that will be the first character in all tokens generated in this way. I don't know if that is important or not.

Thank you for your help.
The topic has been locked.
More
5 years 7 months ago #172798 by jelo

earlofwessex wrote: One thing: is the token included in the url? If it is, then I don't see the "R" which the manual says that will be the first character in all tokens generated in this way.

The token of "index.php/371324/lang/en/token/VNuEqs9vpcLbXi8" is "VNuEqs9vpcLbXi8".

You need to check tokens with an activated survey, not in preview mode.
You might check for a bug. Try it without activating "Anonymized responses".

The 2.7X branch is no longer maintained. So if this a bug in LimeSurvey and not a small misconfiguration, you will not get any fix via a bugreport.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 7 months ago #172837 by holch
Can you give us a link where the manual says that "R" will be the first character in all tokens?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
5 years 7 months ago #172842 by jelo

holch wrote: Can you give us a link where the manual says that "R" will be the first character in all tokens?

Why are you asking? You won't use "Public registration" ;-)

manual.limesurvey.org/Survey_participant..._public_registration

If they provide an email address that is not already in the current survey's tokens table, an entry in the tokens table will be created, and they will be emailed an invitation containing their unique Token. All tokens provided to "registering" visitors will begin with the letter "R".

• holch
More
5 years 7 months ago #172843 by holch
I am asking, because this might be wrong. He obviously did not get his token starting with "R", did he? So either the manual is wrong, this is a bug or earlofwessex read it wrong (seems as we could exclude the last option, as it obviously can be found like this in the manual).

And I might use this one day.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
5 years 7 months ago #172855 by jelo

holch wrote: He obviously did not get his token starting with "R", did he?

Correct, but the survey seems to be NOT activated.

When I go to preview the survey it asks for my name and email.

For me "preview mode" means "chaos mode" ;-)

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose