Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

payoff to every 10th participant based on survey response

• SonjaLime
  • SonjaLime's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #162608 by SonjaLime
Hello!

I am trying to do the following: 2400 participants in my survey take 6 decisions each (next to answering a range of questions). Decisions consist in either chosing to make a donation or in increasing one's own payoff by 0$,1$,2$,3$,4$ or 5$. In the end I want one decision of every 10th participant to get implemented, i.e. I will either make the donation or provide an amazon voucher code with the relevant value.

The way I was thinking of doing this is that each individual who gets to a certain point (towards the end) of the survey gets assigned a running number, i.e. the first individual gets the number 1, the second number 2, and so on. (I figure that {SAVEDID} does not work because individuals who drop out before reaching the end of the survey also get assigned numbers and that is not what I want.)

Then, at the end of the survey, individual number 10, number 20, up to number 400 will learn that their first decision will be implemented, i.e. either their donation will be implemented or they will receive a payoff of $0. Individual number 410, 420, up to 800 will learn that their second decision will be implemented. In case they had chosen the payoff for their second choice, they will see an Amazon voucher code that is worth $1. Otherwise I will make their donation. Individuals 810 up to 1200 will receive a voucher code that is worth $2 in case their third choice was the payoff. And so on, up to the 2400th individuals who completed the survey.

I have to purchase all Amazon vouchers before starting the survey and there is no way of handing them back, so I wanted to minimize my losses from purchasing too many vouchers while at the same time having enough vouchers for the case that everybody always chooses the payoff over the donation.

My question therefore consists of 2 parts:

1) Is there a way to assign a running number at the moment the participant reaches a certain point in the survey?
2) Can I give 240 conditions to limesurvey at once? Something like: if the participant's running number is 410 and he/she had chosen the payoff, he/she will see voucher code "x", otherwise he/she will get a standard message. If the participant's running number is 420 and he/she had chosen the payoff, he/she will see voucher code "y" and otherwise get a default message....

I am using Version 2.06+ Build 150911

Thank you very much in advance!
Sonja
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by SonjaLime.
The topic has been locked.
More
6 years 3 months ago #162616 by jelo

SonjaLime wrote: Is there a way to assign a running number at the moment the participant reaches a certain point in the survey?

LimeSurvey isn't offering such a function. You would need a script with an external database to count respondents at a certain position. So Javascript and Expressionmanager would be needed with a few other tools to get a working workaround.

I'm not able to provide you such a workaround.

To prevent fraud, I would never give away vouchers and other prizes in an automatic way.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
The following user(s) said Thank You: SonjaLime
  • SonjaLime
More
6 years 2 months ago #163107 by SonjaLime
Thanks a lot, jelo!
  • LouisGac
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 2 months ago #163111 by LouisGac
What you're trying to do is to create your own panel provider solution.
You should search for existing panel providers, to check which ones could offer those functionalities (you can basically use any panel provider with LimeSurvey)
  • SonjaLime
More
6 years 2 months ago #163120 by SonjaLime
That is exactly what I am trying to do, LouisGac. So if anybody knows a good (and cheap and flexible) panel provider that does conditional payoffs I would be happy to get recommendations. I hope such recommendations are actually allowed on this forum...
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 years 2 months ago #163123 by tpartner
Promotion of commercial enterprises other than LimeSurvey Partners is discouraged. Please use private messages for referrals.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • holch
More
6 years 2 months ago #163128 by holch
Besides that: this is not how (most?) of panel providers work. They usually pay their participants for participating, not based on conditions (besides screen outs). I highly doubt that there will be any Panel provider to be recommended anyway.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• SonjaLime
More
6 years 2 months ago #163132 by SonjaLime
I actually found one that does additional conditional payoffs. (So anybody interested can send me a private message.) They just insist on paying every single participant conditional on their decisions and that is too expensive given my budget, so I am continuing my search..
The following user(s) said Thank You: LouisGac
  • holch
More
6 years 2 months ago #163133 by holch
That is what I am talking about. They might pay different amounts to different people, but they will have to give at least a base fee to everyone (points, money, etc.).

I knew a few local ones here that paid the chance win a prize, but those are usually not the best panels.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• LouisGac
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 2 months ago #163134 by LouisGac
I think that if you don't want to pay for everyone, you can just add a condition on the redirection of the endurl...
More
6 years 2 months ago #163135 by jelo
The threadstarter didn't need a complete panel solution. If LimeSurvey would be able to expose completes and quotas to EM, it would be possible to show amazon vouchers to certain respondents. I wouldn't do it, but technically it seems to be able to do this with other surveysoftware without much hassle. Automatically sending vouchers is attracting people to trick the system. Links get shared via social media and without a tokenbased survey you get a lot of filled out surveys from people not reading any question at all.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose