Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

View Questions you created while in Template Editor

• nutspray
  • nutspray's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago #150436 by nutspray
How do I view the questions I created, while I'm in the template editor?
I would like to make my CSS changes and see the effects in the preview window below.

Thank you.
The topic has been locked.
More
6 years 11 months ago #150440 by jelo

nutspray wrote: I would like to make my CSS changes and see the effects in the preview window below.

That is currently no available in LimeSurvey out of the box.
Which version build/version of LimeSurvey do you use?
You might create the question in a survey and open a preview window. After editing the CSS you switch to the preview window and do a refresh of the browser window.

I'm not sure if this working with the newer versions cause there is a cache implemented.

Perhaps a feature request to assign a surveyfile to the preview window inside the template editor.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • nutspray
More
6 years 11 months ago #150442 by nutspray
Just downloaded it a few days ago, version 2.5. Seems silly, not to be able to preview your questions, for example in the template editor?
  • DenisChenu
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 years 11 months ago #150667 by DenisChenu
I didn't understand : we show 2 example questions in template. We can not shown the 40 question type ...

And it's easy to open 2 browser windows and reload the page with question preview

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • tpartner
More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #150697 by tpartner
jelo wrote: I'm not sure if this working with the newer versions cause there is a cache implemented
I believe the assets manager refreshes automatically when changes are made via the template editor but, if not, setting debug to 1 will bypass the assets manager.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by tpartner.
More
6 years 11 months ago #150776 by jelo

tpartner wrote: setting debug to 1 will bypass the assets manager.

Well, I miss a option to clear cache via GUI. If you think about CMS, they often have some cache mechanisms too, but they all offer a button to clear cache (sometimes with and without rebuilding cache) and even a way to deactivate/activate the cache layer via GUI.

I haven't used LS 2.5 that much and didn't investigate issues around asset manager. So might haven't got the concept behind it all. Since that might get a bit off topic I have opened a feature request for that. bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=12210

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • nutspray
More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #150782 by nutspray
I understand, I realize you can open another browser window, however, it would be nice when you are using the template manager to modify your question layout, if instead of seeing an example, you could select your actual questions of a particular survey and then hit preview below - would be a lot more efficient than having to bounce back and forth between two open browser windows to see the effect and deal with browser caching issues.
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by nutspray.
  • holch
More
6 years 11 months ago #150845 by holch

nutspray wrote: I understand, I realize you can open another browser window, however, it would be nice when you are using the template manager to modify your question layout, if instead of seeing an example, you could select your actual questions of a particular survey and then hit preview below - would be a lot more efficient than having to bounce back and forth between two open browser windows to see the effect and deal with browser caching issues.

Well, of course there are a lot of "nice to have" features and this is one for me. However, as we can relatively easy work around this by using the preview of the survey, I would rather have other more important features to be implemented than this.

Unfortunately resources are limited and there are many good ideas and feature request out there that would have priority for many users.

However, you can always make feature request. But I don't think it would be very high on the priority list. But then there is always the option to sponsor this feature or implement it yourself, if it is really important to you and helps you in your workflow.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose