Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Terminology

More
7 years 1 week ago - 7 years 1 week ago #149992 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic Terminology

frisket wrote: I think what Limesurvey is missing is that users want what I posted, basically a 5-point array where they get to specify the labels of the columns instead of having them numbered 1-5.

I see two discussion points.

1. Subquestions vs answers
I know no other survey tool which is using these two terms like LimeSurvey uses it.
Other tools use just answers for these two.
I'm not sure why the database design was made the way it was done, but it still makes sense in LS to use these different terms. Answers come with restrictions. You currently cannot show/hide answers based on relevance equations. You only can apply that on subquestions.

In LS there is a bit of a groupthink which is mostly cultivated by developers. If you are used to other survey tools the wording can be quite different.

2. Array questions
A minimum of checking out question types before contacting you can be expected by your students?
The typical questions around Array in this forum is when someone is in need of a 4 or 6 point choice.

manual.limesurvey.org/Question_type_-_Array_(5_point_choice)
manual.limesurvey.org/Question_type_-_Array_(10_point_choice)

The question to you is, where is the issue/lacking with the plain question type array?
manual.limesurvey.org/Question_type_-_Array

Other tools more likely present the whole columns and rows in a more compact way and other some visual guidance where columns and rows are ;-)

BTW: How did you end up using LimeSurvey? Free will? Or is that forced by someone in the organization?
And what version/build of LimeSurvey is used in the organization?

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
Last edit: 7 years 1 week ago by jelo.
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 5 days ago #150067 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Terminology
Adding Rows/Columns in replacemant of Axes-X and Axe-Y + in answer and subquestion seems a good feature to have .

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • holch
More
7 years 4 days ago #150090 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Terminology
I agree with Denis. While x- and y-axis are perfectly correct terms, for many it is probably a lot easier to think in "rows" and "columns". But I guess this is an easy fix in translation.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• DenisChenu
More
7 years 4 days ago #150096 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Terminology
It must not be from translation , but from original string i think.

For 'picture' : we have a difference in 2.6lts (since 1.92) version : we lost it in 2.5X : true.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose