Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Disable question types & change default 'new survey' settings

• bdeprez
  • bdeprez's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 4 months ago #143869 by bdeprez
Hi all,

we are looking at deploying limesurvey but I have a few questions to see how we could slightly customize the system as follows:

1° is it possible to disable certain question types (eg. file upload, gender) - is there a way to prevent a survey from using this type of question?
2° in the 'new survey' screens, would it be possible to:
- change certain standard settings to be 'on' by default (if they are currently 'off') and vice versa and, on top of that, in certain cases disable the possibility to change it manually (eg. prevent any surveys from being posted publicly)?
- have the 'end URL' populated by default and not changeable

Thank you in advance for your help!
Bernard
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 4 months ago #143897 by holch
I am not an expert on this, but I would say that all your requests would require hacking of the LS code (which might be overwritten by any update). But maybe someone with a little more knowledge in LS development can shed some light here.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
7 years 4 months ago #143928 by priza
about the 2nd question, we weer looking exactly the same functionality. changing the default settings for a new survey, so the user doesnt need to change them every time. in our use case, users change the same 10 options in every new survey.
so +1
one workaround is to create a survey with the desired settings and clone the next survey from that.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose