Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Randomly assigning respondants to groups of questions

• mphilibert
  • mphilibert's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago #136399 by mphilibert
Dear all,

I am new to Lime Survey and I cannot find information on how the respondants can be assigned randomly to a group of questions.

I have two groups of questions, say Group A and Group B. I want half of the respondant to be assign to each group, but I want this to be gender-specific. In other worlds, I want half of the female respondants to be assign to questions of Group A, half of the female respondants to be assign to questions of Group B, half of the male respondants to be assign to questions of Group A, and half of the male respondants to be assign to questions of Group B.

Can anyone help me do this ?

Many thanks
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 9 months ago #136443 by holch
The best solution depends a little bit on how those respondents access your survey. Are they accessing via tokens? Then I personally would create the random assignment outside of LS in the token table already.

If people just access a link and you have no control over who is accessing, then you need to go another approach, but this means you can't control 100% that 50% of the female respondents will actually enter Group A and 50% group B. You would create a hidden equation question that would assign a random number either 1 or 2 and based on that you would show one or the other group. There are many examples here in the forum on how to create this random number.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose