Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

saved survey responses empty when equation questions are enabled

• Siem
  • Siem's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 11 months ago #136270 by Siem
I'm using Version 2.50+ Build 160512 .

I have a survey with equation questions. The responses are saved but they are empty (Q1,Q2,Q3) or contain a formula (Q226) or string (above Q3) - I have attached screenshots of a response.
When I remove the equation questions such as Q226 - the responses are not empty and contain normal data.
I use the equation questions to calculate the score, which is sent in an email after the survey - that works correctly and shows the correct score.

Is there any way to solve this? Do I use the hidden equation question wrong or is this a bug?

thanks!

The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 11 months ago #136276 by holch
Are questions also empty in the database or the overall results table or just in this individual view?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• Siem
  • Siem's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 11 months ago #136355 by Siem

holch wrote: Are questions also empty in the database or the overall results table or just in this individual view?

In this individual view the questions are empty, but when I export the results I see the answers from the test. Also the answers are taken into account for the statistics, so the correct test-data is saved into the database.
I would expect to see the answers in the individual view too.

extra info:
In this survey for the respondents have to choose between two answers (with radio buttons).
Inside the questions (type:List) I left the question field itself empty and added two answer options for each.
The hidden 'equation' questions contain the code in the question field.
  • holch
More
7 years 11 months ago #136363 by holch
Well, then the problem is not as big. Because data is recorded, which would be the most concerning aspect for me.

Of course the results should also in this view if they are saved in the database. So I assume that there is a bug in the individual view. Please make a bug report.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose