Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

updating email address token field via a question

• solte98
  • solte98's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 10 months ago #135319 by solte98
Hi all,

we have a survey where we use token access control. There are times now that we batch send a survey link to people to distribute. We leave the email token blank. Is there a way we can update the email address token field (in the token table) from a question field in the survey?
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 10 months ago #135322 by tpartner
As far as I know, there is no way to update the token table directly from the survey. A workaround may be to make an AJAX call to a remote PHP script that uses the RemoteControl 2 API with the set_participant_properties() method .

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • solte98
  • solte98's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 10 months ago #135328 by solte98
ah, thats a shame. OK, I am not a developer and would be grateful if anyone can pass me details for a developer that has limesurvey experience.

What would be good is:

1. get someone to develop a script to update a a token field from a survey question
2. (not sure if this easier) but manipulate the confirmation/completion auto-respondant email to include the email address from a survey question.

thank you
  • tpartner
More
7 years 10 months ago #135330 by tpartner
#2 is considerably easier. You can do that with Expression Manager in the email templates .

Do you need #1 if you have #2?

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose