Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Creating a simple lightweight template for mobile usage

• Horst_duplicate
  • Horst_duplicate's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #131873 by Horst_duplicate
Hey,

I need to provide fast loading repetitive surveys for mobile users. Therefore I try to clean the (copied) default template from bloat.
At the moment, I got 12 GET requests with ~160 kB, which is far to heavy for mobile usage in my opinion. :S

Now I am trying to break down the code to the minimum. The first step is to start from html only. If I remove {TEMPLATECSS} and {TEMPLATEJS} I still have about 6 links to basic css and js in the header which are not defined in .pstpl files.
Some function adds those links automatically. How am I able to remove them?

I could not find any special lightweight template for limesurvey. In the manual I found only information regarding {TEMPLATECSS/-JS}.

Thanks in advance!

Limesurvey Version 2.50+ Build 160212, default template, viewed with FF44, hosted on uptodate Linux
See my code below. All the link and script tags are added by limesurvey.
Code:
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="de">
  <head>
<!-- SurveyRunTimeHelper -->                        <!-- startpage.pstl -->
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge" />
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/limesurvey/tmp/assets/378e75f1/font-awesome-43.min.css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/limesurvey/tmp/assets/6ef9fb58/css/bootstrap.min.css" media="screen" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/limesurvey/tmp/assets/aadc708f/css/yiistrap.min.css" media="screen" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/limesurvey/styles/expressions.css" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="/limesurvey/third_party/jquery/jquery-1.11.1.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/limesurvey/scripts/survey_runtime.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/limesurvey/scripts/admin/expression.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/limesurvey/scripts/expressions/em_javascript.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
/*<![CDATA[*/
LSvar={"bFixNumAuto":1,"bNumRealValue":0,"sLEMradix":","};
showpopup=1;
startPopups=[];
/*]]>*/
</script>
<title>Survey Test</title>
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #131914 by holch
[EDIT] Should have read more carefully... ;-)

There have been many changes from LS 2.06 and before to LS 2.5.

Many of those changes came quite suprising and the manual hasn't been updated, because users are still trying to get their way around it.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by holch.
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose