Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Order of Surveys

• tbabes19
  • tbabes19's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #127847 by tbabes19
Order of Surveys was created by tbabes19
Hi guys,

I'm currently in the midst of activating my surveys so that my participants may begin completing them. I have six surveys total within my study, and ideally I'd like my participants to have to complete the Consent Form before proceeding onto the next part. Is there any way I could do this? Admittedly, I'm not very tech savvy. Secondly, I would like to counterbalance the last three of these surveys so that participants are not all completing them in the same order, to reduce bias. Again, is this possible?

Thanks for the help!
Travis
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 5 months ago #127851 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Order of Surveys
It depends a little bit on how you recruit them / how they gain access to your surveys.

Do you have their email? Then you could simply invite them via a token system. The link to the first survey could be the endurl of the consent form and they could be redirected directly to that.

For the last 3 surveys, you could direct this through sending out invitations only to certain people at a time.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• tbabes19
More
8 years 5 months ago #127855 by tbabes19
Replied by tbabes19 on topic Order of Surveys
Yes, I am having interested participants email me, at which point I was planning to send them a link to the LimeSurvey login page.

As for counterbalancing, I had considered that option, but was hoping to find a more efficient way, so that I could send out invitations to all participants at once (relatively speaking).

Thanks again!
  • holch
More
8 years 5 months ago #127857 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Order of Surveys
The problem is that you have 6 different surveys. If this all would be in one, you probably could use randomization to show and hide. If the respondents would only respond one of the 3 last ones it would also be easier, because in the survey before you could set a randomization feature that then gives them the link to one of the 3 questionnaires in the End URL.

But if they then should go for the other two surveys as well, then you would have to pass some kind of information from the first to the second survey, so the last survey is the correct one.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• tbabes19
More
8 years 5 months ago #127863 by tbabes19
Replied by tbabes19 on topic Order of Surveys
Right, and I want to keep the surveys - especially the last three - separate, but I would like to have participants complete them in differing orders after they have completed the consent form and first two surveys.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose