Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Security question not showing

• KimBracknell
  • KimBracknell's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #124733 by KimBracknell
Security question not showing was created by KimBracknell
Hi there,

I am using LimeSurvey 1.92+ version 120530. When I trial my survey I am asked to enter an answer to a security question.
However, instead of showing the question I just get a small graphic in its place (please see attachment).
Advice found via Google search suggests changing config-defaults.php in ../application/config and/or verficationcontroller.php in ../application/controllers. I have tried both without success.

Can anyone please suggest how to overcome this problem?

TIA,
Kim.
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 6 months ago #124742 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Security question not showing
First of all, you are using a very old version (over 3 years old) and Limesurvey has come a long way since then. There are no security updates for your version anymore and I would strongly recommend to update to at least 2.05 latest version or 2.06 (which seems to have a few hickups still).

With that out of the way let's dive into your actual question: I assume you are referring to the captcha feature. For the captcha to work, the images need to be created, which requires

GD-Library with FreeType support installed is needed for captchas or nice charts in statistics - see PHP GD-Library Extension documentation

You can find the requirements for installation here: manual.limesurvey.org/Installation#Make_...rvey_on_your_website

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose