Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

getting "webpage is not a available " screen

More
8 years 7 months ago #124326 by vlad
Hello, friends.We are using limesurvey in our callcenter. We have an accout with limesurvey.com. Sometimes, while operators are filling a survey, we are getting a "webpage is not available" screen. All data is lost, we have to close browser than login and start from the begining. Maybe someone had this issue? And might point me where to look.
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 7 months ago #124327 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic getting "webpage is not a available " screen
This forum is for limesurvey.org. Please contact limesurvey.com support.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
More
8 years 7 months ago #124328 by jelo

jumbo wrote: We have an accout with limesurvey.com. Sometimes, while operators are filling a survey, we are getting a "webpage is not available" screen.

Did you mean Limeservice.com?

@Tony: On Limeservice.com FAQ www.limeservice.com/en/faq
I can read this:
What kind of support do you offer?
When using LimeService there are several ways of getting support:
-Our support tracking system (only for registered users)
-Community Support forums on LimeSurvey.org: You will need to register on LimeSurvey.org to be able to post messages there. Also please state that you are using LimeService when asking for help.

This explains why users getting here with all kind of support questions. I find that a bit misleading.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
More
8 years 7 months ago #124329 by vlad
Hi, friends. I do have a local server for test use, issue is the same on my local server. I assume on your installation no such issue?
  • holch
More
8 years 7 months ago #124331 by holch
Yes, this is true Jelo. I don't think people from Limeservice should be sent here, because we can't do much to help them. I don't even know what a normal Limeservice.com user can and can not do in Limeservice.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
8 years 7 months ago #124333 by vlad
Thank you, friends. Understood. Did I say, that same "webpage is not available" is on my local installation. As a matter of fact, we got limeservice because of this issue, thinking that it might be solved on external hosting.
  • holch
More
8 years 7 months ago #124335 by holch
OK, so let us get this straight: You have a local limesurvey installation and you have a Limeservice.com account. The Limeservice.com account works fine and the problem only occurs on the local limesurvey installation?

Then what kind of server is it installed on? How is limesurvey accessed? Via LAN/WLAN? How did you install Limesurvey, etc.

To help here, we would a clear problem description. Your posts are fairly confusing.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

More
8 years 7 months ago #124406 by vlad
Hi, Holch. We have a locally installed XAMPP 2.05 version. LAN access only. Upon doing a survey, after hitting "next" , sometimes we get "webpage is not availbale" screen. Data on current survey gets lost.
Thinking that it might be a local problem, we registered with limeservice.com. Issue is the same there. "webpage is not available" once a respondent clicks "next".
  • holch
More
8 years 7 months ago #124422 by holch
OK, so we can rule out that the problem is with your local installation. That is already a good step ahead.

I haven't heard of this problem yet (which doesn't mean it doesn't exist). So I would first assume that it is something specific to your setup. As it is happening both on the local installation as well as with Limeservice.com, I would assume it has to do with the questionnaire itself.

Did you get in touch with the Limeservice support regarding this problem?

More
8 years 7 months ago #124444 by vlad
Hi, Holch. First of all, thank you for keeping this thread alive. Yes, I did ask limeservice. com support, they checked and said that they see "No problem". I did a search on this subject, there are topics (4.5, 4.6) on troblushooting page, about max_input_vars. Do you think that might help?
  • holch
More
8 years 7 months ago #124456 by holch
I don't think that the servers of Limeservice.com have a configuration problem (though you can't exclude this 100%). As this happens on a local installation AND on Limeservice.com, I assume that this really is a problem of the way you use it or your survey.

Did you test with other surveys if this happens? Another aspect could be (as it is a call center) that you have too many concurrent connections. What about your local network? Did you check if there might be a problem with the volume?

More
8 years 7 months ago #124464 by jelo

jumbo wrote: Issue is the same there. "webpage is not available" once a respondent clicks "next".

How can you reproduce that issue? Did you try to reproduce it with limeservice on a PC /Browser outside your callcenter ?
How many callcenter agents are using the limesurvey survey concurrently?
Can you tell us something about the survey in terms of amount of questions?

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose