Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Token Attributes in Question Group Description

• d90
  • d90's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #124169 by d90
I'm having an issue I don't know how to diagnose. I've had intermittent issues with the token attributes not populating their proper placeholders in my Question Group Description. Sometimes it shows up in the survey and sometimes it doesn't. I'm not sure why either way. I just created 6 instances of my test survey and it isn't show on all of them.
Code:
Order #: {TOKEN:ATTRIBUTE_1} Invoiced On: {TOKEN:ATTRIBUTE_2} 

Please select from the following options

5 = Very Satisfied, 4 = somewhat satisfied, 3 = Neutral, 2 = Somewhat dissatisfied, 1 = Very dissatisfied
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 6 months ago #124174 by holch
So you are accessing these surveys via the link with a specific token, right?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• d90
  • d90's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #124179 by d90
That is correct.
  • holch
More
8 years 6 months ago #124184 by holch
What is strange is that it sometimes shows and sometimes not and you don't seem to have identified a pattern for it, right? This makes it quite difficult to circle the problem, because there is no point to start.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
8 years 6 months ago #124191 by jelo

d90 wrote: Sometimes it shows up in the survey and sometimes it doesn't. I'm not sure why either way. I just created 6 instances of my test survey and it isn't show on all of them.

Sometimes the attributes are shown, but in all six instances it isn't shown on all of them? How is that possible? Not shown at all, but sometimes?

Did you test, if the same placeholders worked in a questions text instead in the questions group description?
Did you check, if the attributes which are displayed and not displayed are random? Or is there a pattern which holch asked for?
And please tell us which LS version and build are you using.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • tpartner
More
8 years 6 months ago #124214 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Token Attributes in Question Group Description
Along with holch's and jelo's suggestions, try something like this to see if the token attribute is actually found.

Code:
Order #: {if(TOKEN:ATTRIBUTE_1, TOKEN:ATTRIBUTE_1, 'None found')} Invoiced On: {if(TOKEN:ATTRIBUTE_2, TOKEN:ATTRIBUTE_2, 'None found')}

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose