Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Question Design

More
8 years 7 months ago #123781 by Banu
Question Design was created by Banu
Hello,
I have created a survey for our society using the web interface of Limesurvey 1.53+.
I have also added multiple-option questions, where the participants may choose as many as they wish.
In each question page, I would like to add photos and explanations for each choice or give a link for each answer.
How could we do that in this web interface?
My second question is related with the group. Currently, the survey is inactive. Would it be possible to use the tokens management and add the e-mails after I activate the survey?
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 7 months ago #123782 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic Question Design

Banu wrote: I have created a survey for our society using the web interface of Limesurvey 1.53+.

The version you are using is way to old. Currently 2.05+ / 2.06+ is most common on this board.

An old version is a risk on the web.
www.cvedetails.com/version/134846/Limesu...imesurvey-1.53-.html

Perhaps you will find someone which still remember the old 1.53. Since I can't I have to say sorry.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
More
8 years 7 months ago #123786 by Banu
Replied by Banu on topic Question Design
To create the survey, I am using the web page under the domain of our society. It is the interface of Limesurvey 1.53+.
I was able to do it without downloading lime survey to my computer.

If it is too old, is it possible to update it since I am using the web page under the domain of the society? How could I do that?
Without downloading the limesurvey to my computer, is it possible to use lime survey by the web interface?
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 7 months ago #123792 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Question Design
I agree with Jelo. We often have older installs in the forum (e.g. 1.9x), etc. But most people in the forum that are working seriously with Limesurvey works with these old versions anymore, thus it is very difficult to help with these versions. Your version is a very special antique version.

Limesurvey only works with a web interface. the version to install on your desktop is actually only an installation of a local webserver on your computer, so you could try things and develop without doing it directly on the production server.

I am not sure if it makes sense to "upgrade" version 1.53+. There have been so many versions in between and many, many changes. I feel it is better to do a clean new install (you can keep the 1.53 install on the server, for the time being).

But reading your texts, I assume that you are not very savvy when it comes to web applications and their installations. You should get in touch with the person who is responsible for the Limesurvey 1.53+ installation and discuss the topic with them. But I am not sure if they are very open to make any changes. Someone who skipped the several upgrades of LS for more than 7 years now (1.53 was released at the end of 2007!!) might be not very interested in it. Hopefully they just forgot about it.

Now to your actual question (without guarantee, because I don't know/can't remember what functions 1.53 had and what is new):
1. In the box where you enter the response options, you can enter HTML code (and thus photos and additional explanations).
2. "My second question is related with the group. Currently, the survey is inactive. Would it be possible to use the tokens management and add the e-mails after I activate the survey?"
Not exactly sure what this is about. You can add the emails that you want to send they survey to to the tokens management and once the survey is activated you can send the invitation emails, if your server is configured correctly, of course.

But again, and I can stress this enough: Upgrade the limesurvey installation to the latest version. Once for security reasons (the old versions don't receive andy security updates anymore) and the other reason is: It is really worth it. Limesurvey has improved immensely with the last versions.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose