Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Hide questions if no subquestions

• CommCulture
  • CommCulture's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #122041 by CommCulture
Hide questions if no subquestions was created by CommCulture
Hi,

I have set up a multi text question whereby the subquestions are displayed based on answers given at a previous questions.

In the instance where no subquestions are chosen in the initial question - the multi text question still displays, without subquestions and only displaying the question text. See attached

Is there a way that any questions that have no subquestions (due to conditions being set on them) can be hidden?

Many thanks
Attachments:
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 9 months ago #122048 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Hide questions if no subquestions
Hi,

If the previous question have code FILTER, put this in Relevance equation:
Code:
count(that.FILTER.NAOK)

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • CommCulture
  • CommCulture's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #122079 by CommCulture
Replied by CommCulture on topic Hide questions if no subquestions
Hi DenisChenu,

Thank you for your response (again!).

Can I just check that this will do the right thing (I don't think I explained it very well before). What I have is a array questions (called Q2a) which asks how often do you use the following brands? The scale across the top (answers) is Frequently, occasionally, sometimes, never

All subquestions will be answered in the array (Q2a); however I have set up a relevance on my subsequent question (which is a multi text questions called Q8) which only displays those brands that are used frequently. So basically, if none of the brands are used frequently then no brands filter through to the subsequent question (and it just displays the question text - see original screenshot).

Therefore, if no brands at Q2a were selected as used frequently then this question text should not be displayed.

Apologies - I am new to this. But firstly will this code work if the initial question is an array? and secondly where do I place this code?

Many thanks for your help.
  • tpartner
More
8 years 9 months ago #122137 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Hide questions if no subquestions
Please review the manual - Expression Manager Relevance - manual.limesurvey.org/Expression_Manager...ation.2FBranching.29

If you attach a small sample survey with ONLY those two questions, we can give you a better example of a relevance equation to use.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose