Card Sort Question

More
1 month 1 week ago - 1 month 1 week ago #159381 by socius
socius replied the topic: Card Sort Question
Hi Tony,

Thanks @tpartner again for the card sort type and help with the css!

Now I have another question. I noticed that it is not yet possible to have more than one card sort questions on a single page - the "cards" get mixed up, i.e. the earlier card sort questions contain the cards of the questions later on that page. In my case this is just a problem when previewing the survey, since I think in practice it will be better to stick with one card sort per page.

But still: do you see a way to change the script to enable more than one card sorts on one page?

Thanks a lot and all the best, G

P.S.: I use LS 2.6.4-lts.
Last Edit: 1 month 1 week ago by socius. Reason: Added the LS version I use.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #159413 by socius
socius replied the topic: Card Sort Question
Hi!

I just pretested the card sort question type and had an idea about a combination of card sorting and "swiping".
Long lists of Checkboxes are not really attractive to the respondents, and (what can be even more problematic) you do not really know, whether "unchecked" means "no" - and not just "not in the mood for checking tens or hundreds of boxes".

I'd propose a question type that combines card sorting and swiping which would look like this: all the items in the center and two card stacks left and right of the items, such that respondents pull the items to the left (e.g. "No") or to the right ("Yes").

What do you think about this? I think that this is absolutely great (but I might be a bit biased here :-) - and I did not see this anywhere before (did someone of you?)

Now: at the moment this question looks like this: (s. zipped lsq file below)

Could some CSS expert (e.g. @tpartner ? ;-)) tweak the CSS (s. www.limesurvey.org/forum/can-i-do-this-w...tion?start=15#158355 ) such that this question looks somehow like the sketch above - that would be perfect! I'd really appreciate that. Has anybody of you experience with this question format? I think it could be great and nice&easy to answer for respondents - it's getting time for some A/B-testing, I guess.

Thanks a lot for your time and help!
Best, G

(I use LS 2.6.4-lts)
Attachments:

More
1 month 1 week ago #159446 by tpartner
tpartner replied the topic: Card Sort Question
The card sorting workaround does not scale well for mobile devices. There are scrolling issues that make it difficult, if not impossible, to use on small touch screen.

In this case, where there are only two answers, I would suggest using a simple array type question with yes/no radio buttons. I think it's far easier for a respondent to click a radio than to drag and drop an item.

Cheers,
Tony Partner
Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: socius

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now
Join our Newsletter!