Changing question type (after saving) without wasting response options...

More
2 years 10 months ago #116174 by atavei
atavei created the topic: Changing question type (after saving) without wasting response options...
Is it possible to change the question type (after saving) without wasting the entered response options? For example, changing from a multiple choice question to a radio list type without sacrificing the alternatives included in the M Choice question?

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 10 months ago #116180 by tpartner
tpartner replied the topic: Changing question type (after saving) without wasting response options...
No, you will need to re-enter the answer options for the select-radio question.

Cheers,
Tony Partner
Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: atavei

More
2 years 10 months ago #116185 by holch
holch replied the topic: Changing question type (after saving) without wasting response options...
Would be great if the answer options would be preserved between single choice and multiple choice. But at least with the quick edit you can paste the responses quite quick again.

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds
The following user(s) said Thank You: atavei

More
2 years 10 months ago #116207 by DenisChenu
DenisChenu replied the topic: Changing question type (after saving) without wasting response options...

holch wrote: Would be great if the answer options would be preserved between single choice and multiple choice. But at least with the quick edit you can paste the responses quite quick again.

Sometimes i use a specifi lable for this : "00tmp"
- Quick replace as label
- Update question type
- Quick load from label

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .
The following user(s) said Thank You: holch

More
2 years 10 months ago #116221 by holch
holch replied the topic: Changing question type (after saving) without wasting response options...
Good idea, Denis!

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now
Join our Newsletter!