Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Automated email response upon certain conditions

• triftan
  • triftan's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #115894 by triftan
Hi there,

I am designing a career personality survey, and the first part is the assessment which I have created over here, recruuit.com/quest2/limesurvey/index.php/survey/index that shows the results.

The 2nd part I want to do is to ask some personal questions like the salary range and years of experience, and determine automated responses based on the salary input: salary (month) <2000, 2000 - 5000, 5000 - 10000, 10000 - 25000, >25000

If salary is 5000 - 10000, 10000 - 25000, >25000, AUTOMATED E-MAIL RESPONSE WITH PROPOSAL FOR CAREER COACHING OFFER.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by triftan.
The topic has been locked.
  • triftan
  • triftan's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #115895 by triftan
  • fransmarcelissen
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
9 years 2 months ago #115897 by fransmarcelissen
Replied by fransmarcelissen on topic Automated email response upon certain conditions
If this is not simple within limesurvey(what I expect) you can call an external program to do exactly what you want. The external program can be called with the end url, with url parameters containing the data (if the data are short). The program can be written in php, R, perl or whatever program you want and is trivially simple.
Succes!
Frans
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #115899 by stefanverweij
Replied by stefanverweij on topic Automated email response upon certain conditions
You could add a hidden equation to the survey, where you would add the e-mail address from the token if the salary is in the range that you want to send e-mails to, and blank if they do not qualify. Add the {questioncode} in the 'send basic notification mails to' field in the survey settings and set 'send confirmation e-mails' in the survey options-tokens tab to 'No'. Finally use the expression manager to create the e-mails that are sent (the basic admin notification)
Good luck,
Stefan
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by stefanverweij. Reason: spelling
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu, jboogie21
  • fransmarcelissen
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
9 years 2 months ago #115903 by fransmarcelissen
Replied by fransmarcelissen on topic Automated email response upon certain conditions
Very good idea, Stefan!
Frans
More
9 years 2 months ago #115905 by Bigred01
You can accomplish this using php with a database query and a cron job on your server. In your query you can look for responses that qualify that were submited within the past hour and set the cron job to call the php file on the top of the hour, every hour.
More
9 years 2 months ago #116031 by jboogie21
Replied by jboogie21 on topic Automated email response upon certain conditions
I have been trying to figure out an automated notification process out forever. Your solution is just what I wanted. Thanks!

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose