Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Assessments

• SGTJAX
  • SGTJAX's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 3 months ago #115525 by SGTJAX
Assessments was created by SGTJAX
Hi Everyone..

Not sure if this question was asked before and I have looked through the other forums but have not see a question like this.

I have created a survey that I would like to assess the answers that are chosen. I followed the links on the internet about setting up the assessment section. All that works but I have two questions.

Is it possible to have the assessments email to you. I would like the "Your Score is {ASSESSMENT_CURRENT_TOTOAL} to be email if possible.

If the software want do that is it possible to have that message show up without putting that in my end message because I do not want the user taking the assessment to see the score.

Thanks
SGTJAX
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 3 months ago #115566 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Assessments
Instead of using assessments, you can use Expression manager to customize the notification emails - manual.limesurvey.org/Expression_Manager

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • SGTJAX
More
9 years 3 months ago #115571 by SGTJAX
Replied by SGTJAX on topic Assessments
thanks for the suggestion but I do have a question. You stated that it would might be better to use expression manager over assessments. Correct me if I'm wrong but don't assessments is used to take 4 question and if you choose number 2 it will evaluate the number that you have assigned to that value and calculate it at the end. That portion works great. I'm not sure how to use the expression manager to make the total at the end be generated into a email that is sent to an administrator. Are there any samples that maybe you can show me.
  • holch
More
9 years 3 months ago #115572 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Assessments
With Expression manager you can check the response to a certain question and give it a value. You are a lot more flexible with Expression Manager (e.g. I had the need to give different assement values to the responses of subquestions in a array question). This is not possible with assessments.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• Mazi
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
9 years 3 months ago #115588 by Mazi
Replied by Mazi on topic Assessments
You can create a new question of type "equation" e.g. named "score" and within the question sum up the scores of all questions like {sum(q1.valueNAOK, q2.valueNAOK,...)}

Within the email you can reference the total score: "Your total score is {score}."

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support: survey-consulting.com
  • SGTJAX
More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #115718 by SGTJAX
Thanks for the reply Mazi. I will consider your suggestions. Currently I'm testing the basic email template and it is actually given me what I desire. I'm just curious to see if I change the template under one survey will it affect the entire site. Any info on that would be appreciated.
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by SGTJAX. Reason: spelling
  • tpartner
  • Away
More
9 years 3 months ago #115732 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Assessments
The email templates are survey-specific. Changes in one survey will not affect others.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • SGTJAX
More
9 years 3 months ago #115754 by SGTJAX
Perfect! Thanks

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose