Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

School Survey Question

• Maxthemutt
  • Maxthemutt's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 3 months ago #114713 by Maxthemutt
School Survey Question was created by Maxthemutt
Hello!

I'm trying to create a survey for an entire student body at a college. The idea is to select your instructor from a drop down, then select a course taught by the instructor from a second drop down. I'm hoping to evaluate each course/instructor individually to see the effectiveness of both teacher and course.

Essentially I want a student to be able select an instructor, say 'John Smith'. Upon selecting it I want the survey to bring them to a page with a drop down of the courses taught by 'John Smith' where they select a course that will bring them to a survey they fill out. They should then be able to go back and do another course if they so wish.

It's important to the college that we can look at the data for each instructor and each course. I hope I explained this clearly enough.

Doe anybody know if this is this something I can create using Lime Survey?
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 3 months ago #114715 by holch
Replied by holch on topic School Survey Question
This is no problem at all. There are many possible approaches. The simplest one is to greate a drop down with all the teachers.

Then you create a question with the courses for each teacher. Then you hide or show the respective question based on the teacher that has been chosen in the first question.

As going back and forth might be a little annoying for the respondents, you can use multiple choice questions for those two questions and include a evaluation question for each teacher/course combination. But this might get a little out of hand if the staff and number of courses is big.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Maxthemutt
  • Maxthemutt
  • Maxthemutt's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 3 months ago #114717 by Maxthemutt
Replied by Maxthemutt on topic School Survey Question
Thank you!

Unfortunately, the number of courses and instructors is quite large. Plus each 'course evaluation' really entails at least about 15 questions students need to answer for each course.
  • holch
  • Away
More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #114725 by holch
OK, in this case my first solution would be quite long winding and also create a large database.

I have another solution with two dropdown menus, with the first one depending on the answer of the second one. I am using it for choosing states and municipals within these states.

It is based on another solution here in the forum and works like a charm. You need to have a look at the javascript to see how it works and how to adapt it to your needs. But at the end it is the same problem...

Here the file:

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by holch.
  • holch
  • Away
More
9 years 3 months ago #114726 by holch
Hmmm, somehow the file did not upload. I try again in this post.

• holch
  • Away
More
9 years 3 months ago #114727 by holch
OK, somehow I can't upload the file. Maybe it is too big.

More
9 years 3 months ago #115087 by diongouws
Replied by diongouws on topic School Survey Question
I am also interested in this to do classroom evaluations. One way of doing this would be to upload course participants for each class. The same survey is used for all classes but the results should be provided on a class by class basis. So each class would have a list of participants. The ideal would be to be able to get student email and class information directly into lime survey from University Admin Oracle dbase and then survey. Absent that, we will import participants on a class by class basis and then simply copy the standard survey. Reporting can then be done by combining results into a spreadsheet.

Any one else using this for classroom faculty evaluations.
More
9 years 3 months ago #115122 by email
Replied by email on topic School Survey Question
@ Holche

Would be awesome if you could find a way to provide it. Maybe this link can bring us forward: prism-break.org/en/subcategories/servers-file-storage-sync/
  • holch
  • Away
More
9 years 3 months ago #115123 by holch
I see what I can do. I am quite busy at the moment and I would need to export the solution again and clean it a little before I can upload. i don't think it is stored on my computer anymore. I'll let you know.

• holch
  • Away
More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #115127 by holch
OK, another try, now as zip file. This is crazy, the actual file is 1.722 KB, zipped it comes down to 86 KB. Should work now, I hope.

If you have any questions about how it works, just ask. But if I remember, this was quite easy to adapt (had it here from the forum, provided for something similar in Italy).

Damnit, still didn't work.

Here a link for download:
www.dropbox.com/s/6l3ab626onu6o9p/ls_sam...f-municipio.zip?dl=0

Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by holch.
  • DenisChenu
More
9 years 3 months ago #115130 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic School Survey Question
Hi,

gitorious.org/ls-selectfilter . Instruction on js file comment.

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
The following user(s) said Thank You: holch
  • holch
  • Away
More
9 years 3 months ago #115134 by holch
Well, now we know where it comes from originally... hahahaha.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose