Display selected items from Multiple Choice in a later question

More
2 years 9 months ago #117075 by Tatyana
Tatyana replied the topic: Display selected items from Multiple Choice in a later question
Thank you for your help! I was able to hide the subquestions for a list question type but the radio buttons are still showing up, just without the text. How can I make it all hidden unless the respondent selects those subquestions in the previous question?

Thank you,
Tatyana

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 9 months ago #117081 by tpartner
tpartner replied the topic: Display selected items from Multiple Choice in a later question
Tatyana, can you please explain exactly what you are trying to do, including LimeSurvey version and question types, and the steps taken so far?

Cheers,
Tony Partner
Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

More
2 years 9 months ago #117139 by Tatyana
Tatyana replied the topic: Display selected items from Multiple Choice in a later question
The LimeSurvey version is 2.05
I have a multiple response question which lists colleges and asks the respondent to check those to which s/he applied . Then we want them to rank the colleges to which they applied in order of preference. Currently, there are three questions, one asking which was their first choice, the second asking about second choice, and third about third choice. We want the instrument to show only the colleges to which they applied, and hide the colleges they did not check in that question.

I used this {q1_SQ001.shown} in order to hide all other college options if they weren't selected so that participants can indicate their first choice among the colleges they applied to but the radio buttons still appear even if the text is hidden.

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now
Join our Newsletter!