Copy answers to new survey?

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #114184 by PSBas
PSBas created the topic: Copy answers to new survey?
Our interview process starts with a preliminary survey. This is followed up with an interview, either in person or by phone. During this interview some of the earlier answers are discussed more in-depth and more questions are posed that aren't in the initial survey.

Because of these extra questions we want to import the answers of the preliminary survey into a new one, which the interviewer then fills out during the interview.

Using the data entry panel of the original survey (using hidden questions perhaps) is unfortunately not an option.

Is it possible to import the answers into the new survey through limesurvey? Ideally they would be the textfields so the original answers can be added to or edited, but cited plain text would be fine.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #114188 by holch
holch replied the topic: Copy answers to new survey?
I could imagine that you could put the responses to the questions as custom attributes into a token table. Then you could display the answers to the first part of the survey within the question text.

But I am not sure if you can add long texts to the attributes.

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #114197 by Mazi
Mazi replied the topic: Copy answers to new survey?
For security reasons you can't access answers from survey A at survey B. This definitely requires some coding to either write the answers into additional token attributes of survey B after submitting survey A or you can use an Ajax call at survey B to query the answers at survey A at survey runtime of survey B and load them into the text field.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #114213 by DenisChenu
DenisChenu replied the topic: Copy answers to new survey?

Mazi wrote: For security reasons you can't access answers from survey A at survey B. This definitely requires some coding to either write the answers into additional token attributes of survey B after submitting survey A or you can use an Ajax call at survey B to query the answers at survey A at survey runtime of survey B and load them into the text field.

Or use the plugin event : manual.limesurvey.org/BeforeSurveyPage

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #114220 by PSBas
PSBas replied the topic: Copy answers to new survey?
Thank you for the responses. I think we'll manage it by sending the additional token attributes.

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now
Join our Newsletter!