Check out the LimeSurvey source code on GitHub!

Survey invitation url is my private address

More
2 years 5 months ago #111973 by peehoo
Hmm... Do not know what I did wrong but when sending email invitations for survey address for survey is my private instead of my dyndns-address.

Is there a way to change that address globally?

http://192.168.1.30/limesurvey/index.php/..........

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #111977 by peehoo
I think I can manage this for manually changing address in email invitaion but could this cause problems?

More
2 years 5 months ago #111995 by peehoo
edit: Hmm... I cannot edit survey url when sending invitations...

More
2 years 5 months ago #112006 by DenisChenu
If you access to LS admn part with your dyndns, it can fix it.

Or loot at our manual: manual.limesurvey.org/Optional_settings#Request_settings
'request' => array(
            'hostInfo' => 'http://www.example.org/'  
            ),

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).

More
2 years 5 months ago #112017 by peehoo
If I did right - after changed optional settings host info I was not able to log in limesurvey fron intra?

Could you please explain more about your first part of answer?

More
2 years 5 months ago #112019 by DenisChenu
When sending email, LimeSurvey take by feault then hostinfo, then if you'r loggued via LimeSurvey via dyndns : it's send your dyndns server name.

If I did right - after changed optional settings host info I was not able to log in limesurvey fron intra?

And ?

If your servernale is dyndns.example.org, if you have a router with some DNS cache : this one goes directly to your own network. Or you can set the hostname of dyndns.example.org to 192.168.1.30 in each computer.

Alternative : use config array:
'publicurl'=>'dyndns.example.org'

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).
The following user(s) said Thank You: peehoo

More
2 years 5 months ago #112032 by peehoo
That hostinfo I did not know. Thank you!

I have pfsense firewall and that config is still going on... That's why I had to log in LS it's private address. So that is something else I have to fix... My own problem...

Second part... Where I put that config array modification if needed?

More
2 years 5 months ago #112052 by peehoo
Hi!

I managed this (after I've been told that address is coming from hostinfo) to modify my Win 7 lmhosts file.

Now I can live with this...:)

Imprint                   Privacy policy         General Terms & Conditions         Revocation information and revocation form