Deactivate popup messages (when mandatory questions have not been answered)

More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #111507 by Christo
Christo created the topic: Deactivate popup messages (when mandatory questions have not been answered)
Dear all,

Is it possible to deactive the popup messages (dialogue boxes) which appear when mandatory questions have not been answered?
I have read about the "$showpopups = -1" command. Can I add this command into the template.js, and if so, how should it look like please? (Ideally, I would like to change this setting only for one particular survey, if this is possible.)

Many thanks,
Christoph
Last Edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Christo.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #117474 by jelo
jelo replied the topic: Deactivate popup messages (when mandatory questions have not been answered)
You can add the setting in the file /application/config/config.php

Add 'showpopups'=>0 as shown in the code example:
// Use the following config variable to set modified optional settings copied from config-defaults.php
	'config'=>array(
	// debug: Set this to 1 if you are looking for errors. If you still get no errors after enabling this
	// then please check your error-logs - either in your hosting provider admin panel or in some /logs directory
	// on your webspace.
	// LimeSurvey developers: Set this to 2 to additionally display STRICT PHP error messages and get full access to standard templates
		'debug'=>0,
		'debugsql'=>0, // Set this to 1 to enanble sql logging, only active when debug = 2
         'showpopups'=>0
		)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now