Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Offline surveys with embedded audio and single choice between multiple images

• stevage
  • stevage's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 7 months ago #111374 by stevage
Hi,
I have a set of requirements that seems to be impossible to meet from available commercial survey packages:

- question type of multiple select amongst different (embedded images) (ie, touch the image corresponding to the question)
- embedded audio clips (ie, play the sound, then touch the associated image)
- runs on iPad, completely offline
- ability to replace English questions with custom (unicode) text would be a bonus

I'm now investigating using LimeSurvey for this. I can sort of see how it would work, but would like to check my thinking before I proceed too far:

1. Install LimeSurvey in offline, self-contained mode ( www.limesurvey.org/en/forum/can-i-do-thi...38-offline-use#58299 ) on a laptop
2. Copy all the required media to the laptop (images, audio)
3. Image select questions are just multiple choice, where each question is an image (using HTML editor)
4.Add audio like this ( www.limesurvey.org/en/forum/can-i-do-thi...udio-files-on-survey )
5. Set up a private wifi so the iPad can connect
6. Point the iPad at the published survey (I assume the default self-contained LimeSurvey config allows connections from outside the laptop?)
7. Extract CSV data whenever required.

Is there anything I'm missing? Any gotchas? What does the end result of the self-contained downloader look like - easy enough to run for the non-technical person administering the surveys...?

Thanks very much,
Steve
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 7 months ago #111386 by holch
If the tablet doesn't need to be an Ipad, there are apps that allow the installation of Limesurvey on a Android tablet or smartphone.

I was already successful installing it.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose