Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

How Can I Recalculate Equasions After Runtime?

• vector01
  • vector01's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 9 months ago #109136 by vector01
Hi Everyone,
When someone takes a survey, I've created a few hidden questions with equations that calculate a score based on those answers. Problem is, those results are only stored after the survey is complete. Sometimes though, I'd like to be able to change some of their answers, which would obviously change the score. How can I get limesurvey to recalculate the results after the survey has completed? Hopefully that makes sense.

Thanks!
The topic has been locked.
  • vector01
  • vector01's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 9 months ago #109139 by vector01
Replied by vector01 on topic How Can I Recalculate Equasions After Runtime?
So actually I half-way figured this out.

• Go to survey participants page, find the participant in question and click edit.
• Change "completed" filed to "n"
• Change "uses left" to 1
• Save
• Go to "data view control" page
• Find record, then click on the gear icon, then re-complete the survey with the new values.

There will be two survey's now in your data-vew page. Just delete the first one. It's an imperfect process but that should be okay anyway.
More
8 years 10 months ago #119862 by ordogz
Hi !

Please could you provide some help in doing these steps (what you already did) : " I've created a few hidden questions with equations that calculate a score based on those answers. " .

My situation is :

I created a Competency assessment survey in limesurvey.The question is, that it's possible to generate statistics and charts based on Limesurvey collected data in such way that the results page should show for the user(or to send it automatically by email) an overall result for each of the question groups chart separately for each group, and below this a chart with the question groups together. In this way the user will know in which competency area is stronger and in which not. The questions are grouped in subquestions with 5 answers(ex: "Not applicable to me", "Rarely", "Usual", "Always"...), the question type used is simple Array type . I set up the answers with assessment values from 1 to 5.

Please help me take the right direction in solving this problem. Thank You !
More
8 years 10 months ago #119870 by bdg
Do you want to show a seperate report for each strata? And a combined report? You might have to do some custom php coding for that, and send someone to your own report page when they finish the survey, and pass their token as a parameter. Something like http://..../report.php?token=uicd89d76f. Then your report page reads the LimeSurvey token table to see which group to stratify the user by and summarises the data for that strata, plus all groups.

If you only wanted to report by a single group I would say copy the survey and run one version for each group, but then you can't report all groups combined.
  • Mazi
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
4 years 2 months ago #192308 by Mazi
Since some people may find this using the search feature: There is a plugin for re-calculating expression results. it is available at extensions.sondages.pro/export-statistic...sion-for-limesurvey/ but currently it only supports old 2.0xxx versions of Limesurvey.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support: survey-consulting.com
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 2 months ago #192322 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic How Can I Recalculate Equasions After Runtime?

Mazi wrote: but currently it only supports old 2.0xxx versions of Limesurvey.

Are you sure ?

I test on 3.X gitlab.com/SondagesPro/coreAndTools/reco...eExpression/issues/1 some month ago.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose