Import non-obligatory fields from a csv file to Central database

More
3 years 4 months ago #107363 by helviobrito
helviobrito created the topic: Import non-obligatory fields from a csv file to Central database
I have a csv file with the following fields:

n --> order number (not important)
firstname --> first name (obligatory)
lastname --> last name (obligatory)
email --> e-mail address (obligatory)
tipo --> attribute I want to to use to filter names for a specific survey.

When I import to the central participant database, I get only the obligatory fields above. I've already tried to create "tipo" attribute previously to importation, but didn't work.

What I did, step-by-step:

1- Participant panel: click the import .csv button;
2- Next screen: choose the file to import, with character configuration and separator set to automatic;
3- Next screen: shows up three areas. On the left, shows the attributes fields found in csv file. The central area is blank, but a text asks to place a csv field in order to create a new one. I don't know how it works, since it's impossible to type anything ther. So, I drag the attributes of the left area into it. OK. But, when I click the Continue button, nothing happens.
4- In the right area thers is a white rectangle with the name ao an atribute, if I created it prevoiusly. I can drag the existing attributes into it and click Continue. Works, but the values os the csv file columns that are non-obligatory doesn't come to the participants table.

Sorry for the long text, but is there any solution I can use to import non-obligatory fields to central database?

An observation: the database is not empty. So, new participants are to be added.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Did you already participate in our customer survey?

Don't miss your chance for great prices.

Please click here to participate:

Start now

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now